Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pixie Dust Request for my Aunt "Pixie"


I don't normally post very personal things but I just wanted to ask you all to send some good vibes my aunt's way. My Aunt "Pixie", pictured below with my at my wedding in 2009 (she's in the black), is battling stage 4 ovarian cancer and things aren't looking good. She's vastly outlived projections as she's been fighting this for 7 YEARS! Things are looking bad right now for her and she's in the hospital hanging on. The cancer has made its way to her lungs and brain and she's having a very difficult time right now.

Aunt Pixie has always been my favorite aunt and she's truly one of the nicest human beings I know. Everyone who knows her adores her, for good reason. She's always been there for everyone and even now, in her toughest battle, she puts others first. No one should have to experience the pain and suffering she is experiencing right now.  She is only 52 years old. Her birthday is February 25th. 

I don't know how long she has but please keep her in your thoughts as she continues to fight this horrible disease. Please send some pixie dust her way. Pixie dust is fitting since she adores Tinkerbell. Her name is Helen but she's been called Pixie since she was a kid.  

This is a photo of my other, me and my aunt at my wedding in 2009.  My aunt was sick even then but doing much better than she is now. Though sick, she made the 1200 mile trip to my destination wedding and I am so happy to have those memories with her.  I know it wasn't easy for her to be there but I am so glad she came. We had so much fun that day eating, dancing and just having fun. I am so happy she was able to be there and even happier to have this photo of us: 


My mother, me and my Aunt Pixie on January 5, 2009

Thanks for reading everyone. I promise to be back with happier posts. 


My beautiful Aunt:

Prim and Polished