Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Tag 2012


As 2012 comes to an end I thought I would do a TAG I saw somewhere. Feel free to join in and post links to your answers in the comments below. Happy New Year!!

_________________________


What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?  In 2012 I went on my first cruise! Steve and I went on a 7 night cruise from New Jersey to Bermuda. I had never cruised before and I also never saw a beach that wasn't in the northern U.S. I absolutely adored Bermuda, and cruising, and hope we can go again really soon!  On this vacation I also snorkeled for the first time, once I got over the initial fear I really enjoyed it! 





Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I never make any true new years resolutions. 




Did anyone close to you give birth? A few of my friends did but no one in my family. 2012 seemed to be the year of the Disney Bride Baby; Lots of my fellow Disney Brides, who have become true friends, gave birth this year.





Did anyone close to you die? Yes, sadly my Aunt Pixie passed away on February 5, 2012.

She was an amazing person with a big personality and infectious laugh. She always put others first and never forgot a birthday or special occasion.  I miss her cards, birthday phone calls and texts. I regret not spending more time with her while she was hear but know that the time I spent with her was always fantastic.


She struggled with Ovarian Cancer for many years but fought so hard to hold on as long as she did. She's truly unforgettable and I am thankful to have had her in my life. 





What countries did you visit? As mentioned above, we went to Bermuda this year!




What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? I would like to have more of a passion for my career as an attorney. I think I will find it this year since I am coming into my own at my new job (that I got in November). I would like to be professionally fulfilled and not just working to earn a living. 




What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory? February 5, 2012, the day my aunt passed away will always stand out. August 22, 2012 the day we arrived in Bermuda is always a stand out because it was just so beautiful. 




What was your biggest failure?  I think I failed the most this year at working out regularly. I was attending "boot camp" which I enjoyed, but never made it there consistently. 




Did you suffer illness or injury? I have asthma but this year it has been getting better. No real injuries to report, thankfully. 




What was the best thing you bought? That would have to be my new Canon Rebel T3, it's my first DSLR and I am loving the quality of the photos.



See? Amazing photo quality, no? This is my brother in law Phil with his son, my nephew, PJ. 




What did you get really, really, really excited about? Vacation. It was the biggest vacation I have ever been on.




What song will always remind you of 2012? The Wanted Glad You Came, I don't particularly love or hate this song but it was always on so...




Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder?  Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter LOL
c) richer or poorer? Richer I guess...




What do you wish you'd done more of? Working out. I wish I rode my bike. I got an awesome bike for my birthday from my husband, but since he doesn't have one I never rode it. It makes me so mad because I was so excited about the bike and didn't really get to use it. I am going to buy Steve and bike this year so we can ride together.




What do you wish you'd done less of? Complaining. I am a HUGE complainer. I can't stop. I am working on it but just when I think it's under control I start complaining again. 




How will you be spending New Years? This year we are torn between a party at a friend's house or a party with different friends at a local restaurant/bar. Either way Steve and I will be together.


What was your favorite TV program? This is a tough one it's a true tie between the following: Game of Thrones,  The Walking Dead and Sons of Anarchy.




What was the best book you read? This is another tough one because I read a lot. I really enjoyed Gone Girl by Gilian Flynn. I also loved The Night Circus by Emily Mortengenson.




What was your greatest musical discovery? I don't listen to much music.




What did you want and get?  A new job. Glad I got one.




What did you want and not get? A ton of money LOL




What was your favorite film of this year? I really enjoyed 21 Jump Street, I didn't think I would but I did. What a silly movie to be considered a favorite film but it was good.  I also really enjoyed The Avengers. I wish I had something more artsy to recommend.




What did you do on your birthday? Worked. Did cake with the family. Same ol'. 




What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? If I got rich!!!




How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012: Nonexistent. LOL I am not the best at putting together trendy, fashionable outfits. I wear mostly clothes from The Limited and mostly suits to work.




What kept you sane? My wonderful, supportive, caring, handsome husband Steve.




Who did you miss? My aunt. My friends who live far. Steve's family in Orlando and Vermont. 




Who was the best new person you met? I would say all of my new co-workers are fantastic additions to my life. They make work more fun and are a supportive group. 




Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012: I learned that no matter how many people love you and surround you at your final moments we are all alone in the end. Watching my aunt fade away was heartbreaking and eye opening for me. She was surrounded with love, there were amazing people by her side, but in the end I am not sure she knew. It's so sad.




Was 2012 a good year for you? Why? Yes, it was fine. Not the best year of all time but I got a new job, made great memories with my family and friends and am still breathing.




What was your favorite moment of the year? I think lots of the time I spend with my nephew/godson PJ contains my favorite moments.

PJ was in love with fireworks this year. "Fireworks are cool!" because his summertime tag line (he turned 2 in June). Seeing his face light up when he sees little things like that just warms my heart.

I have enjoyed watching him grow, learn to talk, ride his Power Wheels Tractor (now in second gear!), become even more independent that he was before. I think PJ will continue to capture my heart and be the subject of many amazing memories. I mean come on, he's the cutest kid ever, can't you see?



Where were you when 2012 began? At home. We didn't go out last year.




Where will you be when 2012 ends? Either at our friend's house or at a restaurant/bar with friends.




Did you make any new friends in 2012? Not really.




What was your favorite month of 2012? August because it was vacation time!




If you could go back in time to any moment of 2012 and change something, what would it be? I would have my aunt stay alive and healthy.  I would make sure I spent more time with her.




What are your plans for 2013?  I want to progress in my career. I want to grow my blog and do more than just nail polish reviews.  I am excited to meet my new niece and nephew who are due to make their entrance in April 2013 (TWINS!).  I hope to start saving towards a house and to sell our condo. 
___________________



I tag you all! I want to hear how 2012 was for you and what you plan for 2013.  Do this on your blog and link your post below in the comments. If you don't have a blog copy and past the questions into the comments and answer them there. 

Thanks for making 2012 a great year on Prim & Polished. I hope to be more interesting and fun in 2013, I hope you hang on for the ride. 

Prim and Polished