Friday, April 13, 2012

NYX: Moonwalk


Happy Friday readers! I hope you're all in for a fun weekend. Tomorrow, my sister is taking me to see The Fray in  concert. We've seen them live once before and they were super great! I am excited for the show tomorrow. It's her early birthday present to me. What are your plans for the weekend?

Today I am wearing NYX Advanced Salon Formula in Moonwalk. Moonwalk is a black/gray jelly base with silver and holographic glitter and hex glitter.  It's really pretty when the light hits it, the glitter reflects a rainbow of colors.

I used three coats for the opacity shown and it may have benefited from either a forth coat or a bottom coat of just plain black. The formula was pretty sheer but thick, which sounds like a contradiction but it's true! Unlike some polishes with hex glitter this glitter went on well and in abundance. 

So far the polishes I have tried from the NYX Advanced Salon Formula line have been just okay. Each have been sheer and I find them to have an odd goopy texture that doesn't really dry quickly enough for me, even with Seche Vite. I love the Lippman-esque bottle shape though and they have an really fantastic color selection. I will continue to use them but I am not sold that they are the best. You certainly cannot skip top coat with these (never do anyway but it's a claim they make)











So what do you think of this one? Love it or hate it? Have you tried this line of polish? What are your thoughts.

Have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for reading!



Prim and Polished