Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Inglot Haul, Swatches and Review


Hi everyone!!! I've been hearing a lot about the makeup company Inglot lately so I wanted to give some of their products a try. Up until very recently in the United States you were only able to purchase Inglot from their retail stores, which are limited to large cities like NY and Vegas.  Now we can order online! So I placed an order and here's what I ended up with.

I'd heard wonderful things about their eye shadows and they had a nice selection of matte neutrals so I thought I would pick a few up. They're very well priced compared to some high end brands and the more you buy the less they cost.  So quantities under 3 will cost you $7 each.  If you buy between 3 and 9 you'll pay $5 each and if you buy 10 or more you'll pay $4.50 each.  I opted for the 5 pan square palette which is $10 (but $5 if you buy the shadows with it) and paid $5 each for my 5 shadows. So I filled a 5 pan palette for $30 including the cost of the palette.  By contrast if I were to purchase 5 MAC shadows in the refill pans they would cost $55 without the palette. So I think they are reasonably priced.

So here's what the 5 pan palette looks like: 


The top is magnetic and comes off completely. The pan is sturdy and good quality.  I like to take the top off completely when using it but you can slide it to the side as shown in the photo if you want to. 

Here's what the palette looks like filled with the shadows I selected. 


The photo of the filled palette was taken in natural lighting so the colors are a bit pinker than they appear to me in real life. I'd say the swatches below are more accurate as to the proper colors of the shadows.  I selected AMC Shine #31 which is a medium shimmery gold/champagne color; Matte #360 which is a perfect matte medium brown (not as red toned as the photo above, more like the photo below); Matte #390 which is a fantastic soft brown color (excellent for blending out harsh colors in the crease); Matte #352, a light pink and Matte #351 an ivory color, excellent for a matte highlight.  

The shadows are incredible quality. They are buttery and smooth and very soft. They blend like a dream. I always have trouble with MAC mattes for some reason but these mattes are so soft and blendable they're just perfect. I am very impressed with these shadows and I would recommend them to anyone.  I did a look yesterday using all matte shades and it held up well with Urban Decay Primer Potion under.  

Have a look at the swatches, these are one swipe each with my finger over Too Faced Shadow Insurance:



I think you can see the color payoff is great!  Each shadow is highly pigmented. Matte #390 blends into my skintone a bit which is why I think it's make an excellent transition color. 



I also picked up an AMC Gel Eyeliner in the color #77 which is a cream black color.  I have used this on my waterline with no irritation and it held up well throughout the day. It's highly pigmented and I think this small container is going to last forever if it doesn't dry up because you literally just have to touch your eyeliner brush to the surface and you pick up enough color for your eye.  I think it's going to replace MAC Fluidline for me.  I paid $12 for the gel liner.


Overall I am very happy with the products I have tried from Inglot so far.  Online ordering was easy and shipping was quick. I ordered on  Wednesday night  and received my order on Friday.  The items were shipped Fed-Ex for $8.00 which is sort of pricey but I got this entire package for $50 even, shipped, so it beats MAC any day. I'd really recommend this company and I look forward to trying more from the range soon! 

Have you tried Inglot? What do you think? What is your favorite color or product? I would love suggestions on what to try next! 


Prim and Polished