Wednesday, June 29, 2011

On Wednesdays We Wear Pink: Sinful Colors: Star Fish (Island Adventure Collection)

It's another Pink Wednesday and today I have a gorgeous color straight from the drug store. On Monday I showed you that gorgeous dusts sage color from Sinful Color's Island Adventure collection, well today I have another beauty from the same promotion.  This is Star Fish. Star Fish is a gorgeous blue toned bubblegum like pink color.  I find this type of pink to be among the most flattering pinks for my skin tone. It reminds me of Essie's Splash of Grenadine.  Just as Seaweed was a dupe of OPI's Stranger Tides, this is a perfect dupe for OPI's Sparrow Me the Drama.  I love a good cheap dupe!!

The formula on this was a little on the thick side. It didn't cause me any trouble, however you need to be a bit careful to avoid a gloopy look.  I got full opacity in just two coats, and the photos below are two coats.

I tend to like Sinful Colors polishes. I am rarely disappointed with their products. I love that they are now launching some more relevant color collections. I am sure the dupes piss off the big companies, but it's nice to see affordable, high quality products in modern shades available in drugstores.



What do you think of this pink? Have you seen this collection in your area? The only color I want from it that I cannot find is the purple. It's beautiful and I favor purples. I will track it down! 
Prim and Polished