Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Upcoming Collections: Essie 2010 Resort Collection. Swatches Part II: "Playa Del Platinum" and "Splash of Grenadine"

Today is Part II of the Essie Resort Collection swatches. I have "Playa Del Platinum" and "Splash of Grenadine". Again, excuse the broken middle finger.

"Playa Del Platinum" is described by Essie as "an elegant and sherry sandy gray". I don't think it's really sheer at all (thank God)! It's a gorgeous light gray creme color. It has more white to it than a true gray it's more concrete I guess. I love it. It's super chic. It's unlike any color in my collection lighter than any gray I have and less brown than the taupes.

I think this color is also work/interview appropriate. It's a little outside the box for that but it's inoffensive and I think would work in most environments.

The formula on this one, like the rest of the collection, is perfect. I find it to be easy to work with and I got opacity in 2 coats, some might like to go for 3 but I didn't think it was necessary.




Essie describes "Splash of Grenadine" as "a playful magenta pink" and I think it's a pretty accurate description. It's difficult to find a unique pink but I think Essie has created one in this color. I have nothing like this and it's truly beautiful. I think I might even have to purchase a back up. This color is that pretty to me. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Again, work appropriate but not boring at all.

Again, amazing quality formula. Easy application, great shine. LOVE it!!!!!!!








So let's recap, shall we?



Overall I think that Essie hit the ball out of the park with this collection. I like every single color, which I guess is not difficult when you only have four colors, however it's rare for me to say that. I also think that, with perhaps the exception of "Lapis of Luxury" we have some really unique colors here. That's hard to do so kudos to Essie.

The formula on each of these is outstanding. Sometimes Essie can be hard to work with (Van D' Go for example) but these are fantastic, easy to apply, smooth and shiny. Love these polishes. A+ for sure. :-)



Are you planning to get any of these? Let me know your favorite in the comments!!!




Prim and Polished


Disclosure: This collection was furnished to me by Essie for consideration. All reviews published on this blog are at my own discretion. Please refer to my Disclosure Policy.



9 comments:

Y'know, I'd really like to get my hands on all of these. About the only one I'm on the fence about was Grenadine, but I still like it! So pretty. Great swatches!

Tan me too!!

Nikki- aren't they great!!!! I say get Grenadine.I didn't think I'd like it and I love it. It's like my favorite pink right now in my collection! It's great!

"Splash of Grenadine" looks amazing! Will have to go out and buy :)

You will LOVE it Lexi! It's so freekin pretty and safe for work too!