Friday, February 19, 2010

Essie Lollipop: The Perfect Red Jelly

Are you looking for the perfect classic red? Well look no further folks. Alright, that's an exaggeration, but to me this is pretty close to the perfect red.

"Lollipop" from Essie is a gorgeous classic red jelly polish that came out around Christmas in 2009. It's shiny, squishy and beautiful. It does take three coats to get this to be opaque and it's still a teeny tiny bit see through at 3 coats but it is a jelly so you know how that goes. I hate sheers but I love jellies. I think jellies have a great consistency, they're really easy to apply and this is no exception.

I know a lot of you don't particularly care for reds but I really enjoy them, especially when they are bright and attention grabbing. I feel like reds are really a "safe" color to wear. While they are bright and noticeable they're so old school that you can totally wear them to a job interview or in a conservative work setting and no one would think twice, while they might scoff at other bright colors.

Did you pick up "Lollipop"? What do you think of it?



Prim and Polished

6 comments:

Pretty! Too bad I didn't order it last time, but might order soon. :)

When I got this set, all I was looking forward to was Mint Candy Apple. I was pleasantly surprised by this and the pale pink one--I think this red was my favorite of the 3!

Me love reds, even if I don't wear them to often. And I have my own Holy Red, OPI's Cara Mia Crimson (if you want to peak, I've swatched it: http://laquermanic.com/2010/02/05/opi-cara-mia-crimson/).
I also have Lolipop, but I have fallen in love with Essie's Red Nouveau from the Art of Spring Collection.
:D

I agree with laquermanic. Red Noveau is gorgeus red :)

Gaaaah, of course you had to go and swatch this! There's about a billion bottles of this on sale at Ulta, and I've been able to abstain.

...Up until now. It's so squishy and delicious... <3

Michelle, deff order this one if you have the chance!

Mary, I am glad you like it so much. I think the red is my favorite from tht bunch too!

Thanks gildedangel.

lacquermanic and Biba I am going to check out the spring red.

LOL Erin, that ALWAYS happens to me!