Monday, January 30, 2012

Butter London: Yummy Mummy


Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a fun weekend.  My weekend was fantastic. My husband's birthday was on the 26th so we continued the celebration this weekend with friends and family. I tried my hand (or maybe feet?) at ice skating for the first time. I didn't do too well, I totally fell twice. I completely wiped it but I had the time of my life doing it. I love fun filled weekends and spending time with my favorite people. 

Today I want to show you my first Butter London nail polish. I purchased this about a week ago from skinstore.com. I order shaving products for my husband from there and they ship so fast! I needed something extra in my cart to earn free shipping so I used that as an opportunity to try my first Butter London polish. I went with Yummy Mummy because it came in a kit with a 2 oz polish remover for just $1  more than the polish! It's called the Quick Change Kit and it retails for $15. The polish alone retails for $14 so I thought for $1 more the kit was worth it. 

Yummy Mummy is a pink toned beige with a super subtle silver microshimmer. It's like the shimmery English cousin of OPI's Tickle My France-y. I love these sort of colors, I think they are perfect when you're looking for something understated.  I think it's a great conservative color for the work place or a job interview. 

The formula was nice. I used two coats for the opacity shown and didn't have any issues with streaking or balding.  I did find that this particular polish did not wear very long without chipping. I am not sure if this is indicative of the entire brand but I didn't get much time out of it. 








I liked this polish but didn't love it. If it wore slightly longer without chipping I might have loved it. When paying $14 for a polish I expect it to last a few days with minor issues.  I think the formula was nice but didn't wear well enough to justify the price.

Do you like Butter London polishes? What are your favorite Butter London colors? Do you find they wear well or did your nails chip quickly like mine did? 
Prim and Polished