Friday, March 19, 2010

OPI: Tickle My France-y


While shopping at some random salon shop in a local mall I picked up the OPI "Jade is the New Black" and this beauty. I spotted "Tickle My France-y" in a basket on a table by the door. Could it be? Clearance polish? I looked all around for the price and when I couldn't find it I finally asked the woman behind the counter. "$1.95" she said! $1.95? No way!! This store sells OPI for $6.95 (a decent price). I was so excited. This is a color I contemplated purchasing for some time now. So I had to go for it. Unfortunately they didn't have anything else exciting in that bin but hey, beggars can't be choosers right?

"Tickle My France-y" is a gorgeous nude/beige/pinky creme. I think this is a fantastic "mannequin hands" type color and it's downright perfect for a conservative office environment or a job interview. I am actually kicking myself for not picking up a few more of these to have on reserve in my collection for that wonderful day when I FINALLY get someone to hire me as an attorney. Oh well, there's plenty of neutrals in the sea. This one is nice because it reads pink, nude, taupe and mauve all at once which is a pretty interesting quality for a creme.

I needed three coats for opacity but that was expected with a color so muted. I didn't mind. The formula was nice and as always I hate the wide brush. Application was not painful though so it's all good.














What do you think of this color? Do you own it? Do you want it? Let me know!!

Prim and Polished


9 comments:

I love Tickle My France-y. It's definitely in my top 5 favorite polishes. I think it's a great neutral with an edge, and it's a great alternative to something like Rescue Beauty Lounge Grunge at a fraction of the price--especially if you find it on sale, you lucky thing!

What an amazing deal! It is one of my favorite colors too! I thought I got a good deal when I scored Parle Vous OPI, Done out in Deco & I forget the name a dark shimmery red something Moscow or whatever for $10 total today! I think I already have DOID & PVOPI, but for the $3 something price tag, I figure if I do I will just put them in the future give-away stack. Sad that I don't know off the top of my head if I already have these!

$1,95 for a beauty? You lucky! It's one of my favorite polishes ever. I'll have to pick a back up at some point. Perfect in every circumstances, never out of place, never boring.

Nice and subtle. :)

I squealed all over when I found three OPI polishes from the Espana collection on sale for $2.12!

Every time I go in the store, I see a duplicate of one that I bought, but it wasn't marked with a special price. It calls me every time to buy it, but I resist.

I agree Stephanie. Grunge is soooo expensive and this is close enough for me! Total classic.

Maria, I love PVOPI! It's gorgeous! I NEED Done Out In Deco! I should have got more of these for a contest! i never think when I am buying!

I agree JellyNat! I wish I got a backup come to to think of it!!!

Ohhh Erin Espana for so cheap! That's amazing. I need Pampoloma Purple. I haven't gotten around to getting it yet!!! Nice score!

Lovely neutral shade. I've been meaning to get this for god knows how long. Have to get my act together! :)

1.95?!?! That is an awesome price! Good find!

Lacquermanic get it while it's hot LOL. I hope you can find it discounted too!!

Jackie, I know it's INSANE. Cheapest OPI I have for sure!

That is a beautiful color!