Sunday, January 10, 2010

Adventures in Konad-ing 3: M51 using Orly

After seeing many bloggers have great success using metallics with their Konad Stamping System I thought I'd try my hand at a design using Orly's "Silver Mine". I am not sure the polish is meant to be an actual metallic but to me it has a pretty metallic finish. I am pretty sure polishes marketed as true metalliacs might work a bit better because this polish seems to have been a bit too thin to work all that well for stamping. I decided to only stamp my ring fingers because I could tell the consistency was not ideal. I think it came out pretty nice though.

I would not suggest using this polish because as I mentioned it's way too thin to actually stamp the design easily. I do like the final outcome in these photos but it was messy and I knew going for the whole hand would be INSANE.

I think I am going to check out the China Glaze metalliacs when I order polish next time. The color 2030 seems like it'd be an excellent gold to work with.






Prim and Polished

4 comments:

I love the stamping, looks very cute!

Wow that really shows up great. Nice to have people posting what works and what doesn't .
Cool,
Susie