Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Nail Life: "Gripper" Base Coat, A Review

The Nail Life Gripper Base Coat retails for $6.99 at Sally Beauty Supply or $6.49 if you have a Sally Beauty Club Card. I purchased this when I ran out of my China Glaze base coat because the size of the bottle caught my eye.

Value/Size

Like it's counterpart, the Speed Demon quick dry top coat it is 1 fl. oz. of product which is double the size of a typical nail polish. Which means the $6.99 price tag is a little easier to swallow.

Formula/Application
The formula on this one is nice. It's thin and quick drying. I have used a good 1/3 of the large bottle and have had no drying or thickening of the polish at all. I feel the base coat leaves a nice, well, BASE on my nails and really does help to adhere the polish and make my manicure last longer. I always use this as my first step when applying polish.

Drying time
This is basically insta-dry. It adheres to the nail and by the time you coat all 10 nails you can go right ahead and apply your polish. No wait time.

Overall, as a base coat I'd recommend this product. It's similar to other base coats I have used (China Glaze, Orly) and it does what it is supposed to do. Dollar for dollar, considering the size of this thing I think it's your best bet on the market right now for a base coat. It's a straight forward product.

Have you used this product? What is your favorite base coat? Let me know!!


Prim and Polished

0 comments: