Monday, March 1, 2010

Orly "Pure Petunia" from the Spring I 2010 Bloom Collection

Good afternoon readers. Today I have a great purple/mauve color to share with you. Please excuse the condition of my nails. While I was away the poor things were pretty neglected and I suffered a few breaks. Nothing that won't be back to normal soon though.

Orly's "Pure Petunia" is a pretty creme mauvey/magenta-esque purple which is part of the Orly Bloom Spring I 2010 collection. The polish is on the thick side and super pigmented. Nearly opaque at one coat but I did two in order to smooth out my application. Application was pretty easy with this polish, I found it easy to work with. Orly has a thin brush which you either love or hate; I love it.

I think this is a nice color for spring. I feel like it is also work appropriate and even suitable for a job interview. I know sometimes I struggle with what polish to wear on an interview (I just finished law school and I am trying to snag my first job as an attorney so no ne and I think this one is a suitable choice. It's not ultra-conservative but it is not too bold either.

You can get this polish at Sally Beauty Supply for around $7.50 or at Transdesign for $3.19 each. What do you think of "Pure Petunia"? Do you have any favorite polishes that are similar in tone? If so, let me know in the comments.

Have a wonderful day everyone and as always thank you so much for reading.




Disclosure: "Pure Petunia" was furnished to me by Orly for consideration. All reviews published on this blog are at my own discretion. Please refer to my Disclosure Policy.

Prim and Polished

2 comments:

That's a pretty pinky purple! I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but I know I have similar shades in my stash. It's definitely work appropriate! And oh so cute.

Isn't it lovely?! I love it! I can see myself wearing this one often!