Monday, May 24, 2010

Pure Ice "Free Spirit"

Happy Monday readers!!! Today I have a GORGEOUS mint green for you all. I am not totally on top of trends but I think these baby/pastel mints are still on trend and this is a fantastic one and it's only $2.00-$2.50 and readily available at Walmart. Yay!

This is Pure Ice's Free Spirit. It's the most beautiful mint green creme. I love the color. It's a bit more green than China Glaze's Re-fresh Mint. Re-Fresh Mint is more of a true pastel with more white in it than this one.

The formula is perfection. I am always so impressed with the quality of these polishes. Pure Ice is inexpensive but not cheap! The formula is infinitely better than Re-Fresh Mint. It was opaque in two coats and the finish was smooth with no streaks. I find Pure Ice to be pretty long wearing as well.




I think if you're still digging mint greens you should wander over to the cosmetics section next time you're in Walmart. I don't think this color will disappoint you.

Note: Like other Pure Ice colors (see Taupe Drawer post here) there is another color in the collection called Free Spirit and it is in fact green. However it is different. It has a shimmer to it and it's a brighter green. I am not sure if one of them is old and one of them is new. I don't really know why Pure Ice does this. I should have picked up the other one for comparison purposes as it's only $2 but $2 is $2 and I wasn't feeling the color so I didn't get it. But just a heads up in case you happen to see Free Spirit and wonder what the heck I was talking about it being mint green!

Prim and Polished

15 comments:

Isn't it!!! I just love it! Thanks for reading!

I love Pure Ice - agreed on the formula.

:B
~Tiffani

Tiffani - isn't it nice not to be overcharged for a great product?!?!

i almost bought this one last weekend...but now that i've read your post, next weekend could be a different story!

LOL Emma! I am such an enabler hahha! You'll love it though!

Pretty, pretty, pretty!! I think I like the Pure Ice version better than ChG. Thanks for the comparison.

wow yet another mint i HAVE to have! thanks haha :D

I like it better too Megan! It's so nice!!

Kellie, isn't crazy how there can be so many versions of the same color. I love it!

Oh, this is the perfect mint for you, Gina! I love it. I'm glad you found one that suits you! I do love Pure Ice, they have so many cool colors.

Thanks Nicole! i am glad too. I just needed one with that hint of a dusty quality and not so light! I love it!

uggh it bugs me that pure ice does different versions of colors with the same name. i went to three walmarts and all of them had the "green" version of free spirit :( bummer! i'll just have to keep my eyes peeled for this mint version.

Ugh Kellie, I hate that too! I could always pop one in the mail if you want. Let me know!

ooooo that is pretty. I will get some Pure Ice. This one may be my first!!