Friday, November 5, 2010

Orly: Space Cadet. (Some Feedback Please)


Happy Friday everyone! I hope you're all ready for the weekend. My husband and I are going to a friend of mine's engagement party tomorrow. Should be fun.

So I am late to the party here with this color but I thought I would share my review of it anyway. This is Orly's Space Cadet and it's probably one of summer's most popular colors. Well, end of summer I guess.  It's part of the Cosmic FX line.  I picked it up at CVS a few weeks ago when I saw it for $6.99 which is a steal since this line was selling elsewhere for over $10. I am not as enamored with this color as many other people are but I do see the appeal. It's quite interesting, don't get me wrong, I am just more of a creme girl I guess.

This color is not only impossible to describe but it was impossible to photograph as well. It's a multichrome, I guess that's what I'd call it. It's purple, it's green, it's gold it's EVERYTHING. I wish my photos did it justice but I can tell you right now that the bottle shot of the label is probably my best shot.

The formula is really sheer. I used three coats to achieve this level of opacity.  I know some people took to layering over black bases but I cannot be bothered.  I guess I'd say the polish is on the thin side but it wasn't at all hard to work with.

Overall, I do like this color but I don't get all the hype. It's not THAT cool.  I guess it was cool enough that I felt I needed to have it but I am not sure it's going to get much wear. What do you think of Space Cadet did you HAVE to have it or did you skip it.

Some Feedback Please:

I used larger images in this post, do you like them or should I return to my normal sized images. Please let me know.

I also installed IntenseDebate for commenting, as I like that platform on other blogs. Please let me know if you experience any issues with the new commenting system. Contact me at primandpolished@gmail.com I'd really appreciate it.



Prim and Polished