Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Holiday Gift Ideas / Wish List



Hi everyone! With the holidays fast approaching I thought it would be fun to do a little post on possible holiday gift ideas.  I am going to include both things I love and things I want. I would love to hear what you want Santa to bring so leave me a comment with your wish list! 
__________________

[image] For the candle lover on your list I highly reccommend Crosscreek Country Candles candle tarts. (Photo: an order I once placed) . Candle tarts are small wickless discs of wax which you place on top of either an electric or tea light melter. As the wax melts the scent releases and makes the area smell amazing!

I have been ordering from Crosscreek  for 7 years or so now, since the owner, Deana, started her business on Ebay.  She's since moved on to her own website  and it's been fun to watch her business grow.  She's become a friend over the years and I can honestly say her customer service is top notch. 

Her tarts are highly scented and gorgeous.  You can tell she puts a lot of love into her products and everything is made to order. They come in all types of shapes and sizes.  I love the breakable bars and the good ol' standard tarts (in the photos above)  but there are candy canes, pointsettas, snowmen, stockings, you name it!!!!!   You can order a Christmas Scent Sampler with 10 standard tarts for just $8.50 which is a great deal!  If you're not into the holiday scents you can get a U Pick Sampler for the same price with 10 scents of your choice.  There are so many ways to order, definitely check out her site. (pictured right: Birthday Cake shaped.) (Pictured below: Pretty Shimmer Poinsettia tarts.)


Make sure to visit Crosscreek soon though because Deana closes for the month on December 11th to spend time with her family. So don't forget to place those Christmas orders before then!  Let me know if you try them out I would love to hear your thoughts.  

BONUS: Scents Reccomendations: Funnel Cake, Pink Sugar, Pink Sugar Rush, Pink Christmas, Celtic Moonspice, Granny's Zucchini Bread, Pumpkin Log, Ferris Wheel Treats, Bamboo Sugar Cane, Spa, Pink Noel. 

__________________

Here's something from my personal wishlist that I will probably not get LOL. I have been lusting after this Lisa Taubes necklace (photo: LorraineStanick.com) ever since I started watching Lorraine's youtube videos.  She's always got this thing on and it's so pretty and elegant. I feel like it goes with anything. I really want the 5 foot gold because I love how it looks wrapped three times like in the photo. 

This is pricey at $148 but it's so so pretty. Someday it shall be mine (insert evil laugh).  You can get it on Lorraine's website.  As soon as I get a job (whenever that may be) I am purchasing this as a gift to myself. 




____________________

Now, how could I not want this many nail polishes in one package?  This is the Sephora by OPI Mini Nail Colour Set. I think this is a fantastic gift to get a lacquer fanatic! Even though I probably have most colors that can dupe those included I still want it! I am a nail polish hoarder, what can I say?! 

This set has mini bottles of the following colors: 
A True Romantic, Techno Girl, Access 24/7, Ms. Can't Be Wrong, What A Broad, Just A Little Dangerous, Cab Fare, Caliente Coral, Special Request, High Maintenance, Sample Sale, I'm With Brad, Leaf Him At The Altar, Mermaid To Order, Opening Night, Already Famous, Dating The Drummer, Never Enough Shoes
Sounds good to me.  It's $48 at Sephora.com.

____________________________

If you have someone on your list that loves to read these bookmarks are the perfect stocking stuffer. You can get a set of two of these at Barnes and Noble stores for under $5.  I am pretty sure you can't order these online but next time you're in the store just go over to the bookmark section and I know you'll find them.  I adore these and have tons of them.  

You just slide the bookmark onto the page marking your last line. So you never reread a page you read because you just stick a random bookmark in or dog-eared the pages.  These are seriously the most simple things but they are just so cool. Honestly if you have a bookworm on your list I bet they will love these. 

_________________

Well that's all for now, I hope you found this post helpful or at least fun.  If you are a fan of any of the items I mentioned let me know. Also, if you know something you think I would like let me know that as well.

Have a fantastic day! Thanks for reading!!!! :-)

Prim and Polished

I am not affiliated with any of the products/companies mentioned in this post. These are simply things I love or want.  I was not compensated in any way for these opinions.