Monday, December 19, 2011

Layla: Magneffect Nail Polish in Black Metal


Good morning my friends. I hope all is well in your neck of the woods! For those who celebrate, are you ready for Christmas? I still have some last minute shopping to do, I am ridiculous! 

Today I have a nail polish from the brand Layla and it's a  "Magneffect Magnetic Effect Nail Polish". The color I have is Black Metal.  I am sure you have seen these types of polishes around lately, I know Nails Inc. makes one and some other brands as well. This type of polish is basically instant nail art.  Here's how it works:

The nail polish comes with a magnet on the top of the brush applicator.  You apply one coat (which is all I needed for the opacity shown) and immediately place the magnet above the nail; about 1cm away for the nail, for at least 10 seconds.  Magnets in the nail polish react wit the magnet on the applicator to create the nail art you see on my nails below. (At least that is what I think happens LOL)

This is the first time I used the product so the results are not 100% perfect. I think with practice I will have a better outcome but I do  think it still looks pretty cool! 


  


What do you think? I think it's pretty neat! And one coat for full opacity works for me. I did find it chipped very quickly so I am not sure if it's because of the one coat or what but it's something to be mindful of.  You can purchase this brand at Drugstore.com for $15.50 each, which is quite expensive considering you're only getting .33 fl. oz. 




Prim and Polished