Thursday, December 22, 2011

NYX Advanced Salon Formula: Enchanted Forest


Hello readers! Today I have a festive green color to share with you.  This is Enchanted Forest from NYX's Advanced Salon Formula line.  I purchased several bottles from the line during Cherry Culture's recent 20% off sale. I have seen only a handful of reviews for these polishes so I thought I'd try them and see what I think. 

Unfortunately the only two things I like about this polish are the bottle shape (pretty much the same as Deborah Lippmann's polishes) and the color...

The color is stunning, it's a medium toned shimmery green/gold.  It's absolutely gorgeous and eye catching. The formula however was an epic fail for me. 

First, this color is so sheer it required three coats for the opacity shown and four might have been better. I can usually deal with that but the formula was also so annoyingly thick it was difficult to  work with so the extra coat just pissed me off. It kept gunking up on the side of the opening which was a major pain.

Second, it just would not dry. I used Seche Vite on top as I always do and applied the polish the same way I apply all of my polishes and this thing just would not dry. Hours, literally hours later it was so tacking to the touch that I was able to scrape right off!! I just scratched it off all of my nails because it was like thick goo and never dried, even with the Seche.  That is a major turn off and I really hope the rest of the polishes I bought don't have the same issue.  


  

At least it's pretty right?

Have you used this line of polishes? What do you think of them? I bought several so I hope this is the only dud. 
Prim and Polished