Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Top Ten Award Tag




I was tagged by the lovely and talented Art Evolve to do the Top Ten Award Tag! I love tags and this is a fun one so here are the questions:

1. Favorite Cuticle Cream: I am a big fan of the Dr. Dobb's Tropical Blend Cuticle and Nail Salve with mango and lemon butter. It's a solid balm  that comes in a cute tin and it smells divine! I just love it! 

2. Favorite Cuticle Something Else (lol): For intense hydration and an overnight miracle for dry cracked cuticles I really love California Mango Mend. This stuff is an overnight wonder. I swear if your cuticles are beat up and dry from too much acetone or the cold weather just dab a little of this stuff on before bed and you'll wake up with noticeably hydrated skin. It's a holy grail product for me. 

3. Favorite Perfume: I am going to go all old school on you now and say Davidoff Cool Water for Women. I have been wearing this perfume since middle school and I still have a bottle on stand by. I think the reason I love it so much is because it just brings back old good memories. I wore it on my first date with my husband and I wore it on our wedding day. It's fresh and clean and for some reason just hits it off really well with my body chemistry. I have many perfumes in my collection but this one consistently appears and I never go without it. Notes: "citrus, pineapple, and woody notes, blended with the scent of ocean air". Honorable mentiones: Aquolina: Pink Sugar, Philosphy: Baby Grace and Pure Grace, Moschino: I Love Love and Donna Karen: Black Cashmere.

4. Favorite Lip Products: I am going to break this down into categories because I am nuts: 
  • Favorite Lip Balm: I am going to have to go with another Dr. Dobb's product here. My favorite lip balm of all time is Dr. Dobb's Peppermint Tingle.  I used to be a huge Burt's Bees lip balm fan until one day at my law school's co-op I picked up Dr. Dobb's Peppermint Tingle; it's been my go to balm every since. It's just like Burt's Bees by more emollient and not as waxy.  It's got a refreshing peppermint scent and it's cooling to the lips. If you ever see it pick it up because it's incredible stuff.  Honorable Mentions: Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm in Original or Lemon/Chamomile. I also love Nivea Lip Balms.
  • Favorite Tinted Lip Balm: I can't get my hands on there here in the US but Labello tinted lip balms are awesome!!! They are the smoothest tinted balms I have ever seen. I won one in a giveaway once and I have been dying for more since.
  • Favorite Gloss: I am not huge on lip gloss but I do like Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Glosses. They're not sticky and come in some really beautiful colors. 
  • Favorite Lip Stick: This is a tough one. I will have to say I miss MAC's Bare Slim Shine, why oh why did they discontinue it! I also love NYX's Thalia Round Lipstick which is only like $3 or less!
5. Favorite Nail Polish Brands: I love so many brands this is a tough one but if I had to pick only one I guess I'd say China Glaze because China Glaze products were some of the first in my collection and they've never let me down. 

6. Favorite Top Coat: I have to go with Seche Vite. I know it thickens and you have to buy Seche Restore or toss 1/2 of the bottle but it's always worked best for me as far as drying time and shine. 

7. Favorite Hand Cream/ Lotion: I am really picky with hand creams because I hate greasy stuff on my handsI love the Bath and Body Works True Blue Spa Shea Cashmere & Silk Hand Cream. It smells lovely and is not greasy at all. 

8. Favorite Base Coat: Nail Life Gripper is a great one and it comes in a giant bottle and isn't very expensive. 

9. Current Favorite Nail Polish Collection: This is so hard! Why must I be put on the spot!?!?! This year I really loved OPI's Pirates of the Caribbean Collection so I'll go with that! I loved all of the colors in that one.

10. Favorite Facial Moisturizers: Easy, for me it's Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Moisture Gel. It feels so nice!!!!!!!!!!!! 


TAG! You are ALL tagged. 

Link this post back to me if you do it!





Prim and Polished