Sunday, December 27, 2009

OPI: You Don't Know Jacques!



I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and that everyone is gearing up for a fun but SAFE New Year. Now, let's talk polish!

OPI's "You Don't Know Jacques!" debuted in 2008 with the France Collection and is described as a Taupe. This color was very popular last fall and has really reached cult status boasting a huge following among lacquer heads.

To me, it's on the darker side of what I'd consider taupe, it's quite a dark smoky gray color. It's a creme formula but you can also purchase it in matte and suede formula. I am not into mattes but the suede looks beautiful and I think I might pick it up soon!

The application was simple compared to some other polishes; opaque in two coats with minimal streaking. I hate the wide OPI brushes but that's just a personal thing, it is growing on me though.

Overall I do love this polish but it is not my favorite taupe. As I mentioned before I adore Orly's Country Club Khaki when I am going taupe.

See below for a side by side photo of this polish and Sephora by OPI's Metro Chic.










Comparison of Sephora by OPI "Metro Chic" and OPI "You Don't Know Jacques!"


Now, to me, these polishes are so similar I'd say do not even bother getting both. I really though, with the swatches I'd seen, that Sephora's Metro Chic was going to be much purpler but no dice for me.



Do you have this color? Do you like it? Let me know!!!!

Have a great day!


Prim and Polished

4 comments:

I tried to post to your Konad message but this won't let me. There is no bottom part after you see the code word. You can't type it in.
Awesome. I just got a bunch of Konad for Christmas and tried for the first time yesterday. You'll love it.
Can't wait to see what you come up with.
Have fun,
Susie

Hi Susie!

I have to take a look at the html and see what happened there!

I can't wait to get the Konad stuff. Enjoy yours!!!! :-) Thanks for reading!

you don't know jacques is on my (very long) list of nail varnishes to purchase. It looks like a cool color!

I also have a VERY LONG list to purchase!! So many polishes, so little time LOL.

Thanks for stopping by!