Thursday, June 2, 2011

China Glaze: Hey Sailor (Anchors Away Collection)

Hi everyone! I hope you're all having a wonderful week. It's finally getting somewhat sunny here so photos should be improving, I hope.  

Today I have a color from the spring China Glaze  Anchor's Away collection. This color is called Hey Sailor and it's a vibrant red creme.  For some reason it reminds me of that Christina Aguilera song Candyman. I think it's because when I saw her in concert she wore a pin-up style sailor costume during that number.

This color is a bright red creme which is more of a yellow based red to my eye as opposed to a classic blue based red. This color leans slightly orange because of that but it's absolutely a red.  While I love this color I do think that blue based reds are more my style. I will wear this again though, I really love it! 

The formula was good on this one. I used two coats to achieve maximum opacity as shown in the photos. I had not trouble with streaking or balding. I did find the formula, like others in this collection, to be on the thick side, but it did not cause any trouble for me. 




What do you think of this color?


Prim and Polished