Monday, February 20, 2012

Deborah Lippmann: Across the Universe


Happy Monday my friends. I know you've all seen this polish before but I just got it so I wanted to share. I have been lusting after Deborah Lippmann's Across the Universe since it came out and I finally bit the bullet and purchased a bottle for myself.  

Across the Universe  is a navy blue sheer jelly with tons of blue and green hex glitter.  To my eye it also has some tiny blue glitter throughout.  

I used three coats for the opacity shown but I feel like I might have benefited from a forth. The base is pretty sheer so unless you are really careful you'll get some bald spots.  I find that Deb Lippmann is the queen of the chunky glitter.  Her polishes are the only polishes with hex glitter that apply well for me. This is packed with glitter so there's no need to worry about it showing up on your nail.  (Looking at you Orly Androgynie). 

What is not to love about this color? I am not sure it looks as amazing on me as it does on others but I still enjoy it. It's got such a pretty depth to it and in some lighting it's just mesmerizing. It reminds me of mermaid scales or something. 







So do you love this one? Did you purchase one as well? I am happy with this purchase and I see  myself wearing this over and over! 
Prim and Polished