Friday, June 25, 2010

China Glaze Fall 2010 Vintage Vixen: "Classic Camel" and "First Class Ticket"



Hi everyone! Sorry I only got two swatches from Vintage Vixen done so far, it's been busy week. Our little nephew made his arrival Tuesday evening at 8:42 pm and he and mommy are doing well. Mom's tired (she's superwoman, she had him with no pain meds) but happy and in love!! So it's been a good week for the family. Let the spoiling begin!!


So the first one I have to share with you is Classic Camel. I was really excited for this one but I don't think the color ended up suiting me, it pulls really yellow on my skin for some reason.

China Glaze calls this "khaki crème with gold micro glitter" which is exactly what it is. The gold micro glitter is really pretty, it's hard to see on my nails in the photos but you'll probably see it if you look at the bottle. I wanted to love this one, but you will see the color just looks drab on me. I think I need to get a nice deep tan for the summer and I will be loving this one. Darker skinned women might find this one to be very flattering.

The formula was good on this one. I am rarely disappointed with China Glaze's formula. I find them to usually be easy to work with with a nice finish.




Next I have First Class Ticket. My husband liked this one on me. I wasn't surprised since he picked out OPI's Ink for me one time. This is very similar to that one.

China Glaze describes First Class Ticket as a "deep purple frost with shimmer" and again it's exactly what it is. The shimmer is blue in the light, not sure if you can see it in the photos. Purples are so hard to photograph, they always want to be blue. I did my best.

The formula, again, is quite nice. No complaints. I am always messy with dark colors for some reason so I had to do a ton of clean up but it finished well so I have no complaints. My brush was a little frayed at the end so it made application a bit more challenging but I am sure it was just a one off defect in packaging. No big deal. I survived.




So, do you like what you see so far? Are these polishes on your list of must buys?

Prim and Polished



Disclosure: This collection was furnished to me by China Glaze for consideration. All reviews published on this blog are at my own discretion. Please refer to my Disclosure Policy.


6 comments:

I am pleasantly surprised by these! I was expecting them to be super ugly because they are polish finishes that I don't like. But they aren't glaringly frosty, somehow.
Hmm, maybe there is hope for me and this collection! Can't wait to see the rest of the swatches!

This collection leaves me cold. Camel is the one I was looking forward to but it's rather unpleasantly close to MAC In The Buff - which is an utter stinker.

I hear you both. I am never excited to see frost/shimmers but so far these aren't too bad. The purple frost isn't streaky at all which is usually my issue with that formula. I think the reds in this collection are awesome and Swing Baby is really pretty!!!

I really like First Class Ticket, but Classic Camel isn't my cup of tea. Thanks for sharing.

Considering they're labeled "frosts" these really surprised me! I really didn't have any problems with brush strokes and the "frosts" were not what I'm used to - I despise them in general and overall I was thrilled with these.
I loved Classic Camel but it didn't love me - seems like the same for you! It's such a pretty color though I'll wear it anyway, haha. And First Class Ticket is a stunner, isn't it? Looks fab on you!

I agree Nikki! I usually HATE frosts but so far so good here!! I am so sad Classic Camel didn't work out for me. It really is so pretty!