Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rimmel "Marine Blue"

Hi there readers. I hope this post finds you well. Today is Wednesday so if you're having a tough week you're 1/2 way though! I am still experiencing a tremendous amount of stress. Being unemployed for over 1 year after working so hard to finish law school is an amazing let down. Oh well, that's life, eh?

Today I have some older photos to show you. I don't even know when I took these but I do know it was a few months ago. I don't think I like my nails this long, do you?

This is Rimmel's Marine Blue these polishes are found in your local CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, places like that. I find them to be amazing quality at an affordable price, just $3.99 and sometimes Buy-One-Get-One-Free! These polishes have a great flat wide brush. I don't normally like wide brushes (OPI) but I like FLAT wide brushes like this one. Application is so flawless on all of the Rimmel polishes I have tried and this is no exception. The formula is fantastic, no streaking, opacity in just two coats and no thick messy goops.

The color on this one is a frosty blue. It's a light to medium blue with a fine blue duochrome. I tend to lean toward cremes but this is a pretty duochrome. I think it's a color a lot of people will enjoy.



So have you tried Rimmel polishes? What are your favorites by them? Do you like the brush? Do you like the formula?

Prim and Polished

7 comments:

Pretty color!! It seems that light blue is THE color for this Spring.

I bought Steel Grey a while back because I thought the color (while neither steel nor grey) was such a pretty taupe. Once I used it I absolutely fell in love! They apply like a dream, the brush is a little odd at first but so easy to use. And it also wears so well. I can easily go 5-7 days with this on with minimal wear. I bought Hot Cocoa and Violet Metal the other day too just because I love the formula so much. I wish they had more of "my kind" of colors!

I agree Megan it's great for spring!!

Meeka -I love Steel Grey as well! A wonderful color. I agree - looking at the brush you're like "what is this!!?" but once you use it it's perfection! I wish there were more of my type of colors too! Rimmel are you listening?!?!

This is so pretty! I love it!

I have this color, too! Only mine looks darker. It has a very nice textured look to it that I like.

Ohhhh I really like! I never tried the rimmels ill have to pick one up ;)

Tasha, you will become addicted to Rimmel their product is so great! Let me know if you get this!