Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Color Club: DE-LUXE-CIOUS

Hi folks. Hope all is well. Today I have a color from Color Club's fall collection to share with you.

This is De-Luxe-Cious which is a cobalt blue color with multicolored glitter. This is gorgeous in the bottle but to my disappointment this color did not translate on the nail. The glitter in this polish does not stay on the surface of the nail, instead it sinks into the polish creating sort of an air bubble bumpy look. The finish is quite bumpy and textured. Of course I used a top coat which helped the bumpiness but it was still sort of textured.

The application though was nice. I had no trouble applying it, I didn't have to do much clean up and overall it was easy to work with.

I am sad this color didn't work for me because the bottle is just so pretty.




What do you think? Do you see what I mean about the texture? I am not sure it translated well to the photo. I love Color Club but this didn't do it for me.

Prim and Polished

Disclosure: This collection was furnished to me by PR for consideration. All reviews published on this blog are at my own discretion.

4 comments:

I had the exact same thoughts as you! I thought it was just me, but it looked awful on my nails. It looks better on you. lol...I thought it looked so bad on my nails, that I didn't even post the swatch pics. I took. It looks so pretty in the bottle, and awful on me. :-( I really wanted to love it, but just don't.

I tagged you for the Sunshine Award! :-)

http://alisnailnews.blogspot.com/2010/09/sunshine-award-tag.html

Thanks so much for the tag. Isn't it sad that this polish doesn't work, it can be so pretty. I had the same issue with one of the others from this collection too. Bummer :*(

I agree with you. I love this color in theory and in the bottle, but it looked grainy and bumpy on my nails. It's also just kind of dull on the nail, not much sparkle and shine even with a top coat. Too bad!