Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Essie: Velvet Voyeur (The Fall Collection)

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. I had a good weekend, we went to a picnic on Saturday and it was my sister in law's 3oth bday on Sunday. My husband and I went hiking on Sunday though and I got hurt :( We hiked up this crazy hard trail and I survived it unscathed... on the way down we took an easier trail and of course that is when I fall and twist my ankle. OMG it hurt and still hurts so BAD! I couldn't even get up. My poor husband had to carry me down the rest of the trail on his back. Poor guy. I couldn't put any weight on my ankle. I was so scared I broke it. It's getting better now but I still have to hop around so I didn't go into my volunteer job today. Hopefully it will be better soon, oh well, on the the polish!

This is Essie's Velvet Voyeur and it's part of The Fall Collection. Essie describes it as and "intense chocolate amethyst" and I think that's pretty accurate. It's sort of a mix between a rich dark brown and a dark purple. Sometimes it looks brownish sometimes it looks purple. It's VERY dark and vampy, perfect for fall and winter. I think it's also safe for work, a bit edgy but still professional enough for most settings I'd bet. It was sort of hard to photograph but I think you'll get the point of the color from the photos below.

The formula is great. I didn't have any issues with the consistency. I ALWAYS make a mess with dark colors but it was no problem with clean up. I really love Essie polishes, I have never really had issues with the formula except for once with one of the spring colors. Otherwise I find them to be consistently excellent quality.



What do you think of this one? A must have for fall or will you skip it?

The fall collection is available now and these retail for $8 a piece.

Prim and Polished

Disclosure: This collection was furnished to me by PR for consideration. All reviews published on this blog are at my own discretion.

6 comments:

Oh, I'm so sory to hear about your ankle, ouch! Hope you'll get better soon :*

Definitely some must have shades in this collection :)

Thanks Biba! I am icing my ankle right now. Feeling a bit better.

Sounds like you had a full weekend! I like the color, but I'll probably skip it. There are so many Fall collection colors that I want and this one doesn't scream at me like others do.

Def a full weekend and fun despite the injury LOL. There are a ton of amazing fall colors to look forward to

Oh I hope you feel better soon! Just found your blog and love it! So glad to find someone with my same love of trying new nail polishes. I really like this color, and I will definitely be trying it in the next month or so. Like how the brown balances the dark purple!

Thanks Jenn! I am glad you found me :-) I agree, the balance is perfect in this shade!