Friday, March 9, 2012

China Glaze: Fast Track

Hi everyone! Today's post is a bit late but better late than never.  Today was a beautiful day here in Connecticut, I am so happy it's finally starting to feel like spring. I hope it stays this nice!

Today I want to show you a color from China Glaze's  Capitol Colors collection which was inspired by the upcoming Hunger Games movie.  I am so excited to see the Hunger Games because I adored the books, so when I saw the polish collection I was really excited.

I went  to several Sally Beauty supply stores in search of this particular color because when I saw swatches on other blogs I love I knew I had to have it in my life. I am so happy I finally found it, and what do you know, it was in the Sally Beauty right in my city. Here I was going all over the place and it was right there, close to home. Go figure!

So this is Fast Track. I love this color. China Glaze calls it a "soft sandy brown with gold metallic shimmer" and that's accurate to me. It's like shimmering sands. The gold shimmer in this is absolutely incredible looking. I love this because it's sort of a nude/neutral color but the gold makes it so interesting and unique.

The formula in this is a bit on the thin side and I needed three coats to achieve full opacity. On two coats I had some bald areas, three seemed to work just right for me.










Gorgeous right? I just love it!
Have you noticed that we're seeing quite a lot of these sorts of shimmers lately? I am loving this season's take on shimmer with the metallic microshimmer finishes. What do you think of this trend? 

Prim and Polished

0 comments: