Monday, December 14, 2009

OPI Parlez-Vous Opi?

So this is my first post here at Prim and Polished. Let me start by saying finding the proper camera settings is going to be a challenge. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them. Not sure my camera is good enough or if it's just my not having a clue how to use it. The photo below was taken in front of a window and it's the clearest I could get. To my eye it is an accurate swatch of the color, perhaps a touch lighter but you get the point.

Parlez-Vous Opi? is a smoked out violet creme shade launched back in 2008. Purples are my favorite. I love China Glaze's Spontaneous and OPI's Do you Lilac It. This one is right up there with those shades. It's subdued and chic, the gray tames the purple making it more wearable and less in your face. ( I will do a purple comparison in the future with "Do You Lilac it?", "Spontaneous", "Parlez-Vous Opi?", "Cashmere Cardigan" and "Metro Chic" (none are real dupes).



As for the product itself, honestly, I prefer other brands like Essie and China Glaze to OPI. I hate OPI's professional wide brush, it sucks for application IMO. Their polish, for the price, doesn't last as long as I'd like it to without chipping. I don't hate OPI, in fact they have some of the most fun & unique shades on the market, I just don't prefer it.

I purchased my bottle at Trans Design, they seem to have the best pricing on the web for all of the top brands. You need to order quite a few bottles to offset shipping but when you're in the mood to haul a bunch of polishes it's a great option. Shipping is reasonably quick.

0 comments: