Monday, September 20, 2010

Color Club: Red Velvet

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. We didn't do much this weekend but we still had fun. It was my father in law's birthday so we had dinner over the in law's house and of course, CAKE! Other than that we didn't do much this weekend.

Today I want to share Color Club's Red Velvet from the their fall collection. I am so bummed that these photos did not come out good. I tried so hard to get the beauty of this color to come through and I just was not able to capture the color properly. I am so sorry about that!

Red Velvet has a black base and fine red glitter. It's absolutely gorgeous and perfect for fall. It's similar to China Glaze's Lubu Heels but the base in this one is more black where as Lubu Heels is sort of brown-ish, IMO. I love the color of Red Velvet and I wish the photos picked up on that amazing red glitter. Trust me, it's there and it's fabulous.

The formula on this one was much better than De-luxe-cious, the glitter did not sink in. I did need a thick coat of Seche Vite on top though to not feel the texture of the glitter but it was not as gritty as De-luxe-cious was. Application was average, it wasn't amazing but it was sufficient. Overall I like the polish a lot and will wear it again for sure.




What do you think of Red Velvet? Is it your kind of color?

Again, sorry for the photos, I wish they came out better.

Prim and Polished

Disclosure: This collection was provided to be by PR. All reviews are honest and done at my own discretion.

4 comments:

Not really red and doesn't make me think of velvet. Other than that.....

When you first look at it, I don't think you'll notice the red in it. I think it's more like black or really dark purple at first glance.. It's pretty though! :)

-Mia
http://miafied.blogspot.com

I really wish the photos came out better. I had such a difficult time capturing it. I promise, in real life the red sparkle is amazing! So pretty!

Gorgeous, that's really the kind of colour I like !