Thursday, September 2, 2010

Dermelect Launchpad Review. Caution: Naked Nails.

Hi there! A few months ago I was given the opportunity to test out a nail treatment by Dermelect Cosmeceuticals called Launchpad. I wanted to review this product after a prolonged usage time so that I could be as honest about how it works as possible. I have been using this product since the end of June and you will see how much of it has been used. I believe I have a good understanding of it's properties at this time. Here's what the product looked like before use:

So here's a little info on the product. You can visit their website (listed below) for a more detailed description:

LAUNCHPAD NAIL STRENGTHENER

  • Hydrates and strengthens nails using the protein peptide, ProSina.
  • Resists chipping and splitting, while providing a great basecoat for your favorite nail polish.
  • Increases the integrity and cohesion to the nail plate resulting in natural flexibility and increased moisture.
  • ProSina’s anti-oxidant behavior allows it to actively remove harmful free radicals most commonly associated with nail damage.
  • $18.00 on www.dermelect.com
I am not one to go without polish, ever. Whenever I let my nails "breathe" with nothing on them they have a tenancy to break. So it's safe to say that since June this has been on my nails each day.

The product is designed as an "anti aging" product. At age 26 I can't honestly say my nails have showed signs of aging so I cannot speak to that. I can speak to its other qualities though.

I have generally strong nails. They're so strong in fact that when I have a break my nail essentially just snaps off. Do you know what I mean? So I like the idea of a hydrating treatment and I do think this one did hydrate my nails as I have had less incidents of breakage since using. The breakage that has occurred during the duration of my usage can be attributed to filing the side walls of my nail for shape, sometimes I overdo it, causing the nail to eventually break. So I will say that I do see an increased flexibility that I do attribute to the use of the product that is a very welcome effect.

I have used this product as my base coat since receiving it. As far as performance as a base coat this product works well. I find that just like any other good base coat polish adheres nicely and stays without chipping, peeling or bubbling. As you can see in the photos below I have experienced no staining which is fantastic. There's nothing worse than taking off a red or black polish only to see your nails tinted. Ew. So as far as its use as a base coat it's good.

Have a look at the condition of my nails and decide for yourself if this product has kept them nice:


So those are my nails with one coat of Launchpad. What do you think?

This product is $18 for .4 fl which is slightly smaller than the average polish. It's quite pricey but if it works it's worth it. A good treatment for your nails is worth the investment. When your nails are in good shape underneath you can use any polish on top and it will look great!

Dermelect also has a ridgefiller and a nail thickener so they have products that meet most of our needs. They also come together in a set with a cuticle treatment.

Overall, I think the product is nice. I does hydrate my nails. I love to try new things so when this is gone I might not purchase a new one right away but I am considering trying out the ridge filler. I think if you're looking for a good nail treatment this is a nice option for you. It's not just a watery base coat. I will continue using this until I run out, I am almost out!

Have you tried Launchpad? What do you think of it?

Haven't tried it? What's your favorite nail treatment? Let me know in the comments - I love to try new things.


Prim and Polished


Disclosure: The Launchpad base coat was furnished to me by PR for consideration. All reviews published on this blog are at my own discretion. Please refer to my Disclosure Policy.

2 comments:

Ive never tried Dermalect, but I've heard great things about it!

Let us know if u ever decide to try it! :-)