Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Coat by Coastal Scents: Cosmic


Hi everyone! I hope you all had a nice weekend! Today I have a stunning polish to share with you from Coastal Scent's new line of polishes called "Coat".  These polishes retial for $3.95 at Coastal Scents.  They're a little on the expensive side because they are only .20 oz or 6ml.  So they're about 1/2 the size or normal nail polishes... so they're essentially the price of Essie or OPI if you consider the size.

The color I purchased is called Cosmic and it's beautiful! Cosmic is a black jelly base packed with green and orange flakies. I wish the photos did it justice. I think the most accurate photo is the bottle photo to the right. That shows the amazing green flakies really well. On my nail photos you can only really see the orange flakies but I promise there are plenty of gorgeous emerald green flakies to be found in this one. 

The formula is average and I didn't have much trouble applying it. It's a three coater for sure or else the base is too grayed out and sheer.  The bottle is super small and the handle is fat so it made it a little difficult to grip while applying. The brush is a little stubby too but I had no real issues with that. Flakies disbursed evenly and didn't get hung up on the tips of my nails at all. 




Overall for the uniqueness of the color I really like this. I have had good experiences with Coastal Scents. I always get my products quickly, packaged with care and at a low shipping cost which is appreciated.  I'd order more polishes from the line to try out, I think they'd make nice stocking stuffers!

Have you tried Coat nail polish? What do  you think? Do you dig this color as much as I do? Sound off in the comments!


Have you entered my giveaway yet? There's still time!!! Click here to enter! Good luck!

Prim and Polished