Wednesday, November 23, 2011

On Wednesdays We Wear Pink: OPI: Sparrow Me the Drama


Hi there everyone! I hope all of my American readers are getting ready to have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Let me know your plans for Thanksgiving in the comments!


It's another Pink Wednesday and today I have one of my all time favorite pink colors to share with you. This is OPI's Sparrow Me the Drama which was part of the Pirates of the Caribbean collection. It's honestly the type of color I put on my nails and think "Gee, if I wasn't so polish obsessed I could wear this polish only, forever!" so that says a lot! 


I love pink but sometimes it just does not look good on my skin tone. This type of pink, reminiscent of Essie's Splash of Grenadine is so pretty and I think flattering on my skin. I just adore this type of pink! It's just a beautiful mid-toned blue based pink. It's my answer to hot pink. Hot pink is so pretty but too warm for me.  This type of pink looks much nicer on me and I am a huge fan! 

I used two coats and got full opacity as shown. I do spy a slight bit of balding in the photos that I don't see in person so I think it was the lighting.  If you want to be safe you can go with three coats but I think that two was just fine.  The finish is just a perfect creme with a really perfect shine. I just adore this color! 







Here are some colors that are similar to this lovely pink (Essie Splash of Grenadine and Sinful Colors Starfish):


The Essie polish is slightly more purple than the other two but the Sinful Colors polish is essentially the same, maybe ever so slightly darker but nothing too different. 

So do you love pinks like this one as much as I do? What is your favorite pink?




Prim and Polished