Thursday, February 11, 2010

Eye of the Day: Mac Royal Assets Warm Eyes Pallette.

Today's post will be a little bit different. I'm not a makeup artist so be kind. I liked how my eye makeup came out so I attempted to take a few photos. I realize now that it's not as easy to photograph makeup as it is to photograph nails but I think you'll still be able to see.



I used an old holiday palette from MAC to achieve this look. The Royal Assets 6 Warm Eyes Palette. I received it as a gift from a friend that Christmas. I don't remember, maybe 2006 or 2007? I can't be sure which year it is from. Here's what the palette looks like:








Sunday Best and Nobility are both limited edition and no longer available but the other colors in this palette are part of the permanent collection and guess what!? I didn't use Nobility anyway so you'd just need to dupe Sunday Best which is EASY it's just a light frosty baby pink shade.

I used MAC's Painterly Paint Pot as a base. I used Sunday Best all over my lid. Star Violet in the inner 1/3. Club in the crease. A little bit of Showstopper in the outer V to darken it up a bit and Retrospeck VERY lightly as a highlight after using NYX Highlight Mosaic (face) as the main highlight. I lined my waterline with MAC's Blacktrack Fluid Line and used Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara (original, volume). I didn't use the brush in the palette. I used a Sigma SS 239, 224, 217 and 219.

Here is the finished look:



What's crazy is, until I took these photos, I never realized I totally have a hooded lid. How did I not realize this?!?!?! I thought "OMG, I am all wrinkled and droopy and I am only 25!" Well I am a little wrinkly but someone on twitter said "no, it's just a hooded lid." Who knew?!?! Here's the photos that tipped me off to that:





Well that's all for today. Let me know what you think and if you'd like to see similar posts in the future. I thought I'd shake it up a bit! Have a wonderful day!

P.S. All images are click-able and clicking allows you to view them larger.

Please note: I will be away from 2/12/2010 to 2/21/2010 so if you leave a comment I will respond but it will not be for a while. I have scheduled posts to post for the week I am away but I will not have access to email during that time so I will not be able to respond. But please continue to comment as usual, I love to hear from you and always do my best to respond.

Prim and Polished

17 comments:

I've got hooded lids too, so I know what you mean! It can be harder to properly show the make up in pictures. I'd love to see more posts like this! :)

I too have the dred hooded lid, it sucks but is workable. lol
I love the look on you and I think you should do more EOTD posts!

This palette looks great, I like all the colours.
Yes, I want more post with EOTD, I've got so much to learn when it comes to do eye make up.
And your eyes, what a gorgeus color! And lashes, sooo long...

Sory for all this babbling, the word just kept coming out of my head *blush*

I think that the hooded lid must be very common. I cannot believe I didn't realize till I took these pics!!!!

I am glad you guys like these types of posts. I will try and do more. :-)

Awww thanks Biba! Too sweet!! I always wished I had brown eyes though, so they would match more makeup LOL.

Great palette! And wow, your eyelashes are long!

Funny, I've got hooded lids too, can be hard showing your make up but you do it very well. :)

Thanks!! Ugh you don't want long lashes, I promise. I get black on my brow bone from mascara LOL

Aww, you did great! Your eyes are super pretty, regardless. I love this on you. And your lashes are to die for!

Thanks Nicole!!
These colors are the closest to purple I can pull off without looking like I was punched LMAO.

i have a hooded lid also Gina!!! so no worries love the makeup on you.

It looks great1 your lashes are amazing! Hopefully you are off line for a vacation - if so enjoy!

Thanks Maria!!! Yup,I am headed to Disney World (My FAVORITE!) with some friends. Unfortunately we're DRIVING (from CT) but it will be a blast!!!! We leave tonight!!!

Your eyes are gorgeous, and your lashes so long. Give us more EOTD :D

Glad you guys like this, I will do more for sure.

I wonder which friend got you this??? hehehe

Glad to see you use it! I love the MAC palettes from that year, they were all fantastic.

:-) I do love it Lexi!! Thank you!!! :-)That was the best gift!!!! You have great taste!! Which year was it? 06 or 07? I couldn't remember!!! :-)

MAC Royal Assets - 2007 :)