Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day! Think Pink!

Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm a terrible wife. This year I won't be with my wonderful husband on Valentine's Day. I am headed to Disney World with some friends and unfortunately he cannot take work or school of that week so I am tagging along solo. I am sad though that I won't be with him on Valentine's Day, but it's okay. He works 3rd shift and sleeps during the day so I am sure we would have just done dinner or something. My sweetie did show me that he made notes on his iphone about things I mentioned I needed to buy (like a perfume I have been out of and dying to replace) and he was going to surprise me with it on Valentine's Day. Instead he gave me some cash for the trip. I know men are not like women so I am sure he's totally cool with me being away on V-Day but a tiny part of me is a little sad about it.

My husband is a wonderful man. He's kind, caring, hard working, generous, and so many more things. (Plus he's hot LOL). I hope that each and every day he knows just how much he means to me and how much I care about him. He's my World and I don't know what I'd do without him. Thinking about him makes me smile and spending time with him is the best!!! I always hope he knows how much I appreciate all he does for us!

Alright, enough mushy stuff! Let's talk about pinks shall we?

I won these mini OPI pinks from a contest held by Manicure Mommas, thanks so much! I guessed how many polishes in her collection! Can you believe I guessed the EXACT number. Hahaa! Nuts!? So here's the set:


I love it!!! I don't have an Ulta in my state so it's nice to get an exclusive set from there, perfect for Valentine's Day!

First off we have "Princesses Rule!" which is described as "a bright sparkly pink that's tiara worthy." To me it's a sheer baby pink with iridescent sparkle. It's really sheer, this is three coats and there's still visible nail line, which means I will probably never wear this again. Maybe I will wear it on my toes. It's just too sheer for me:



Up next is "I'm Indi-a Mood for Love". OPI's tag line for this is "I'm Indi-a Mood for Love and this hot pink is what I lust for." I guess hot pink is a pretty nice way to describe this. It's a creme formula. I like this one. It's nothing unique but it's a very pretty pink and I am glad I have a tiny bottle to travel with:



Last we have "You're a Pisa Work"which is my favorite of the bunch. OPI says this is a "prima donna pink 'leaning' toward headstrong." Whatever that means. It's a gorgeous creme raspberry color. Again, nothing super unique but beautiful nonetheless.



I like the formula on the two cremes but I didn't like the shimmery shade, I just don't do sheers and shimmers are not my favorite either.

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day with your sweetie. And if, like me, you can't be with him/her don't fret, they love you everyday not just when Hallmark says they should!!!


Please note: I will be away from 2/12/2010 to 2/21/2010 so if you leave a comment I will respond but it will not be for a while. I have scheduled posts to post for the week I am away but I will not have access to email during that time so I will not be able to respond. But please continue to comment as usual, I love to hear from you and always do my best to respond.

8 comments:

i love this colors !!! but my favorite is princess rule :)

Lucky you!!! They are gorgeous colors :)

I have this same set! Actually I got it a couple of times, they were doing a giveaway with each OPI purchase one month. I gave one away. I actually like Princesses Rule!, even though it has VNL, it's SO freaking cute!
Hope you're having fun!

The colours are very pretty and wearable, but I wish OPI's minis had better brushes. The ones I've tried are a real pain (and kind of ridiculous when compared to their usual brushes).

Awww so sweet, I'm sorry you'll be away from your hubby for v-day and I hope you're having fun!! I'm LOVING that first polish color...I NEEEEEED that!

I know this is an old post, but I had to comment that Princesses Rule is AWESOME over other colors! I was applying Essie Greenport, and it was so so so streaky after 3 coats, instead of taking it off, I topped it with PR and it looked amazing! Like a green with pink and blue and silver shimmer! :o)

Ohhhh good idea! I will have to try that! I didn't even think to do that but it makes total sense!