Monday, May 17, 2010

CND Colors Eclectic Purple and CND Effects Amethyst Sparkle




Hello readers! Today I have a fantastic polish to share with you, well really two polishes. Excited?

CND has a really interesting product line consisting of 50 polishes and 15 effects which essentially allows consumers to customize their own manicures. This idea is great, I like the thought of wearing a creme one day and freshening up the manicure a day later with an effect. Nice concept.

I tried out Eclectic Purple and Amethyst Sparkle I thought the two would compliment each other well and I think I was right.

First let me talk to you about Eclectic Purple which is a stunning purple creme. I am a sucker for purples, especially cremes so once I laid eyes on this I knew I'd love it. The formula is absolutely incredible. I have not been as impressed with a nail polish in a long time. This polish applied like butter and was opaque in just one coat... ONE COAT! This almost NEVER happens! When I heard the price of the CND Colour line, $9 a bottle, I cringed a little (I am cheap) but I think this product is worth every single penny. I plan to purchase several more polishes from the line and I hope each one lives up to the quality of this one because I am so impressed.

So let's take a look at the color without the Effect:

Isn't that amazing for just one coat? Beautiful!

So to go with the Eclectic Purple I choose the Amethyst Sparkle Effect. I think it compliments the purple creme very well.

It applied well and looked amazing in the sun. It was shiny and added interest to my tired manicure. I liked how this went on vs. just a traditional glitter top coat or polish. When topping polishes with glitters I often get bald spots and need to apply several coats. I only needed one coat of this, I had no streaks and no balding. It's not a glitter but rather a very fine shimmer particle.

I think this color is one I can use with many of the polishes in my collection so it should get a lot of use. The CND Effects retails for $11 a bottle. I think the price is a little high but if you plan to use it often it can be worth the money simply because the Effects can be used to create so many different looks. I wish it was slightly less expensive but the quality is wonderful so you won't feel too bad splurging.

So overall I am very impressed with CND products. I am not totally sold on the Effects for the price but the if all the Colors are like Eclectic Purple then I believe they are worth the $9 SRP. The formula is incredible, I wish all polishes were like that! I have my eye on many colors in the range so be on the lookout for posts about them when I find the money to splurge.

Do you have any CND polishes? What are your favorite colors/effects? Have an interesting and exciting Color/Effect combo? Let me know!

Prim and Polished

Disclosure: These products were furnished to me by CND for consideration. All reviews published on this blog are at my own discretion. Please refer to my Disclosure Policy.

7 comments:

I love CND polishes, as well. "Dark Ruby" is a great fall color. I love the bottle shapes.

I've been purchasing mine on TransDesign for about $4.50

I love the bottle shapes as well. Super unique and sleek! I love it!

Ohhh I love Transdesign!

Yay! I have been waiting to see it on you. Great post! I do like the effects, but the polishes - my goodness! I am wearing dessert suede today and loving it. I will be posting that one some time this week. with and without effect as well.

Yes! The polish steals the show, it's incredible! I love it! I am excited to see Dessert Suede. It's one of the colors I have my eye on!

gorgeous! i love glitters :)