Monday, May 10, 2010

Icing: Blackout



Happy Monday readers! I hope all of you pampered your mothers for Mother's Day this weekend. I went to visit my mom yesterday and I got her some of her favorite MAC products: Groundwork Paint Pot and a Satin Taupe refill. She loves those!

Today I want to share some gorgeous photos of Icing Blackout with you. I purchased this one the other day. I mean how could I resist a black polish with rainbow/holo glitter? That's simply too much to ask.

The color of this one is simply beautiful. The formula on this one is simply horrid. While the application was not in itself difficult this one wore horribly. I am not kidding when I tell you I painted my nails on Friday night and by Saturday morning they were chipping and by Saturday night they were a horrific mess. If I didn't peel it all off (yes, peel it all off) while I was at the movies on Saturday night I'd have taken a photo to show you just how chipped it was. Trust me, this was awful. I am so annoyed that it chipped so quickly and so completely I am actually upset that I purchased other icing polishes.

Oh well, you live & learn right? On to the photos because at least this one is pretty to look at.


So, my question to you today is - Is the beauty of a polish worth dealing with a horrible formula? I am torn on this. I think my answer would be yes - if the problem is simply application. I can deal with an annoying application to get a gorgeous color (think Essie Lilacism for example) but I cannot deal with a polish that wears so poorly. I change my nail color every 2 days or so, sometimes even every day, HOWEVER I despise a polish that chips before I even leave my house. I literally painted my nails Friday around 7:30, hung around my house, did nothing with my hands, went to sleep, got up around 8 am and BAM polish chipped. Unacceptable.


Prim and Polished

9 comments:

Uuu, like this one a lot! Too bad about the formula...

I know! It's so freekin pretty and it has to go and chip so quickly. Ugh!

i love it- sad to hear about the formula& the chipping

Aww, such a shame about the chipping! It is a fantastic colour :(

I agree. I am very dissappointed in this polish. I am wearing another one I bought there and am having the same issue. What a shame. Poor quality.

I just bought this color, and I can not wait to try it out. Your pics. are great!

I forgot to add, that when I try this one out, I'll try it using the "sticky sandwich" method, maybe that will make it last longer.

Jackie, def let me know if it works for you. It's too freekin pretty to be so bad!

It's so gorgeous... too bad it chips : (