Friday, May 7, 2010

A Quick Icing Haul and Starbucks Tip!

Good afternoon everyone! I just wanted to show you some goodies I picked up yesterday. I went shopping with some of my birthday money (I love it, 26 yrs old and still got some b-day cash!). I wanted to get some new clothes but I can never find anything I like. I went to 2 different malls. At the first one I got a cute shirt at New York and Company for 1/2 off but ended up returning it. I loved how it fit but it had this crystal broach thing on it that was sewn on and pinned on so you could technically remove it to wash it... but I know me and I know I'd ruin it. So back to the mall I went, a different one this time, to return the shirt. I wanted to get some basic button down oxford style shirts but I have mega issues with sizing on those. The medium is too small in the chest area, I cannot button them... but the large is HUGE on me. Ugh so annoying!!!

But I digress. I stopped in Trade Secret to look at the OPI Shrek Collection but nothing spoke to me for $8.50 a piece so I passed. Funky Dunkey was sold out but I think if it was there I might have grabbed it, though it is close to China Glaze's Grape Pop from Up & Away. Rumple's Wiggin' is really pretty but so close to China Glaze's Light as Air so I passed. I might go back and get What's with the Cattitude? but I am not sure. I am not a huge OPI fan, that darn brush!

So I went to Icing because I have seen some great blog posts on Icing's polishes and they are usually always buy one get one 1/2 off so I thought I'd see what I could find. So sure enough they were BOGO 1/2 off so I got Blackout and Grape-a-licious then I wandered into the back and couldn't resist the black glitters on clearance, a set of 5 for $8.oo so for $0.50 less than one OPI color I got 5 Icing colors. Not bad!! They're a teeny bit smaller than full size but still a bargain!

So here are the goods (click image for larger size):


So now some good news from Starbucks! If you're a Frappuccino lover like I am rejoice!!! From now until May 17th between the hours of 3 pm and 5 pm daily you can enjoy your favorite Frappuccino for 1/2 off! That's a great deal! Yummmy!!!!!!!

What's your favorite Frap!?! I love the classic Caramel Frappuccino, I also really love the Java Chip Frap. I really really want to try a Chai Frappuccino, I cannot believe I never had one!!! Well now I have to perfect excuse to indulge!

Just thought I'd share the sweet news!








Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Thank you for reading and commenting - I love chatting with you all!

Prim and Polished

16 comments:

Giiiiiirl, that Chai one is the bomb! Try it.

Now I am even more excited to try! Chais are my fav IDK how I overlooked this for so long!?!?!

Those are cute icing polishes! Thanks for the tip about Starbucks! I love Cafe Vanilla frap yum yum!

Thanks Stephanie!!! Enjoy your frap if you get there!

oh- icing I can only dream about those polishes here in europe :(


you're tempting me to go to starbucks ^^ or get an oreo shake... mhhh

Awww amused sorry they're not available to you in Europe :(
Yummm and Oreo shake OMG!

When I'm not in the mood for coffee I love the double chocolate chip frap OR

Have you heard of the Cap'n Crunch? It's strawberries n cream frap with 1 pump toffeenut and 1 pump hazelnut.. [for a tall or grande.. 2 pumps of each for a venti] tastes JUST like Cap'n Crunch!

OMG! That sounds amazing EmilyAnne! I am totally ordering that ASAP I adore cap. crunch! Thanks for the heads up! Yummy!

They have a CHAI frap?!? How did I not know this????!!!!

I usually get either light mocha or light caramel, no whip.

Oh duh I forgot to mention it tastes like Cap'n Crunch Crunch Berries! haha Not just plain Cap'n Crunch... although I guess this might be a fairly obvious statement.....

Lexi- I know! I didn't either until I went online. Maybe all locations don't have it...?? I never remember seeing it on a menu!

LOL EmilyAnne I figured. Sounds so good!

Just found you and love your blog!! :) Hmm!! I could use the soy strawberries right about now. Love those icings :)

nailsbeautiqued.blogspot

I am glad you found it and love it! Thank you!!!

This comment has been removed by the author.

So wish I could go to Sbux during those times, but its right smack in the middle of the day when I'm @ work! Story of my life, lol!

Ohhh I know! The timing is bad for most huh!?