Thursday, May 27, 2010

Icing: "Grape A Licious"




These photos are from a while ago before I shortened (read: broke) most of my nails. Please ignore the broken pointer.

This is Icing Grape A Licious which is a bright midtoned purple with magenta glitter. The color is okay, it looks better in person but I probably won't grab for this one often. It looked prettier in the bottle than on my nails.

I have decided I am not a fan of the Icing polishes. They chip so quickly and the consistency is difficult to work with and messy. On this one the glitter is super chunky so the finish was bumpy without an enormous amount of top coat. It makes me sad because Icing does have some great unique colors.





What do you think of Icing polishes? Have you had better luck than I have? Let me know!!!

Have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend everyone! :-)

Prim and Polished



4 comments:

To bad for the application issues but it is a gorgeous color :)

I know! I hate when that happens!!!!!!

I *hate* when you get a color that's so pretty in the bottle but disappoints once applied. I've never used Icing polishes. That's a pretty color, though.

Aww, sad to hear that this polish applies badly. It has so much potential in the bottle! You still manage to make it look great though!