Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Beautiful Life Nail Soy Polish Remover



Good day readers. Today I have a fun and natural product to share with you all. I know many people are concerned with going green for the environment or using all natural beauty products for their health and there is a company that makes both natural nail lacquer and natural polish remover. I have had the pleasure of testing two colors and the remover. Today I want to share my thoughts on the remover with you.

The Soy Polish Remover is 3 free so there's no DBP, Toluene or Formaldehyde which many people will appreciate. It's soy based and made with just three ingredients: Cocomide Dea (a biodegradable surfacent), Natural Soybean Esters, Pink Grapefruit Essential Oils.

What I like about this product:

It is gentle and effective. It gently removes lacquer without drying nails and cuticles. The grapefruit oil is nourishing and lends a light smell to the product which I find much more pleasant than acetone scents - of course.

How did I use it? I soaked regular cotton pads with the remover and used it as I would any other removal product. I could tell that the oils were really gentle and I was pretty surprised a product so different was actually removing polish. I think if you're not a fan of the harsh drying properties of acetone you'd love this product.

What I dislike about the product:

My one complaint would be that it takes a longer time to remove polish than 100% acetone does. This is obvious though. Acetone is a harsh chemical so it's only logical that it would remove polish in seconds. This remover takes a little more product, more cotton pads and more time. So it's really just a judgment thing - do you want to remove polish quickly and risk drying or do you want to remove polish gently and keep your nails moisturized? It's really up to you.

Overall:

Overall I think this is a great product to add to your regimen. I think if you're like me and change your polish practically daily you can benefit from using a more gentle remover from time to time.

Will this completely replace my acetone? No. While I'd love to say it will the reality is sometimes I am impatient and there will always be times when I need things removed quickly. I will however make it a point to incorporate this every other manicure or so to enjoy the moisturizing properties. I think it's a great product to pamper yourself with. If I wasn't so impatient I'd nix the acetone all together because it's clearly better for you.

I think I can see this product taking off. So many people want to make sure they are not harming their body and environment so taking steps to use responsible products is a great thing to do. I'd recommend giving this a shot if you want to pamper yourself with a splurge.

A Beautiful Life Soy Polish Remover can be purchased at abeautifullife.com for $20.

Be on the look out for swatches and reviews of two of their polish colors, Vette and Shroom.

Have you tried this natural nail polish remover? Is it something you'd be interested in trying? I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. Sound off in the comments :-)

Thanks for reading! Love you all.

Prim and Polished

Disclosure: This product was furnished to me byPR for consideration. All reviews published on this blog are at my own discretion. Please refer to my Disclosure Policy.

3 comments:

That sounds like a great product. I think $20 is a little steep, but if you have a hard time using acetone, it would be a great alternative. I had no idea alternate "green" products were available for polish removal. Thanks for sharing!

I agree Megan, the price point is high! I think maybe if it starts catching on it will come down. $20 is hard to dish out on remover, I won't spend that on polish even!

I like the idea of a greener, natural remover however I don't like it enough to spend $20 on it given how often I change my polish. I'm like you Gina, I won't spend that on polish and I won't spend it on remover.