Thursday, July 22, 2010

China Glaze Fall 2010 Vintage Vixen Collection: Foxy

Hello hello! Thanks for stopping by today! Today I am going to get my eyebrows threaded. I only had this done once before and it hurt like heck but the results were worth it. I have been growing them out for two weeks and I just cannot take it anymore. I know I should let them go a bit more so they can properly reshape them but we have plans with friends this weekend and I don't want to have crazy cave woman eyebrows! I hope they come out okay. Anyway, I have another lovely shade from China Glaze's fall collection to share with you. This one, to me, screams fall, it's really rich and beautiful. Enjoy!

This is Foxy, China Glaze calls it a "burgundy frost with shimmer" which I think is accurate. It's a really stunning burgundy that leans a little bit towards orangey-rust which is the quality that I think makes it perfect for fall. I think this color is work friendly but still interesting. I really love the richness of this color. I know a lot of people do not favor reds (I LOVE them, especially a rich red creme) but I think many red haters will enjoy this one as it's really a darker maroonish-rust that has some depth and creates a lot of interest.

The formula is great, not too thin, not too thick. Opaque in just two coats. I usually make a mess with these darker colors but this one was easy to apply and not messy at all which shocked me. I had no streaking and no balding. Again, this is AMAZING to me because I always have issues with frost colors streaking. I am absolutely impressed with China Glaze's treating of the frost formula.





So what do you think of this one? Does it scream fall to you or is it a dud? I think this one is one of the nicest colors in the collection, especially for the season. I think it's one I would not pass up. I am sure there are dupes out there though because reds in general seem to be overdone, but I cannot live without them.

Thanks for reading today! I appreciate all your support and love to chat with you all in the comments!

Prim and Polished


Disclosure: This collection was furnished to me by China Glaze for consideration. All reviews published on this blog are at my own discretion. Please refer to my Disclosure Policy.


7 comments:

So pretty!! It may be a little too coppery for my skin tone, but I want it nonetheless.

I just love the entire collection!

Oooh I like this one lots too. And no topcoat??! It's amazingly shiney!

I know! Isn't it crazy shiny for no top coat. I wanted to show that because it's a great feature!!!

Thanks for reading and commenting ladies!

I love the whole collection, including this color! It has such a great rustiness to it.