Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas from Prim and Polished


Merry Christmas (Eve) everyone! I wish you all the happiest of holidays and I want you all to have fun, celebrate and be safe. Make sure you have a designated driver!

I wish I had some super cute nail art to show you but as I have mentioned in the past I suck at nail art. However I made an attempt and by golly I am going to stand by it an wear it proud LOL. 

I have seen so many people layer Snow and Party Hearty together and I just adore the combo. I think it looks so Christmas-y like Peppermint Bark or something! I just knew I had to do the combo myself. I wanted to add an accent nail and I knew it would be a disaster but I did it anyway and I guess it looks ok. 

For the "tree" (It's abstract OK!) I used Nina Ultra Pro Salsa, China Glaze Jolly Holly and Essie Little Brown Dress. For the "ornaments" I used a dotting tool from Born Pretty with the colors China Glaze Ruby Deer  and Color Club Gossip Column. I topped it with a rhinestone from Born Pretty in yellow.  I think it came out ok but it's not anything to be impressed with really. 






The nail art tools were provided to be for consideration by the Born Pretty Store.  I am not receiving any compensation at all for mentioning these I was just given the products to review at my discretion. Everything came quickly (being it shipped from Hong Kong) and was packed securely.  Their prices are reasonable and they have a ton of nail art supplies on their website

The dotting tool make it easy to make the ornaments. I cannot wait to use that more. I always loved polka dot nail art and now I that I have the dotting tools I can do it myself. The design on them reminds me of water marbling! 

The rhinestone was easy to apply and I just stuck it on when the polish was still tacky and then topped the entire thing with a coat of Seche Vite. It appears it will hold up so that's good.

_______

So that's my Christmas manicure.  I know it's not very exciting but I tried. What did you do for Christmas nails? What are your plans for the holiday? Have any favorite Christmas treats?

Enjoy the holiday everyone and thanks for being amazing supporters of this blog. It means so much to me! 


Prim and Polished