Saturday, December 18, 2010

Zoya: Edyta

Hi everyone! I hope you're all kicking off your weekend the way you want to, weather it's relaxing by the fire, heading to the movies or doing some last minute shopping. Have fun and enjoy the weekend. Today Steve and I are going to see Tron: Legacy in IMAX-3D. I just watched the original last night for the first time *I KNOW! Where have I been!? and I enjoyed it so I am looking forward to seeing this one.

Last night I went to Ulta because I was in the area, unfortunately the only three Ultas in my state aren't very close to where I live. So I wandered around for a bit and considered getting some Buy2Get2Free Essies or OPIs but you couldn't mix and match the brands and I find Ulta a bit expensive so I passed on those. Then I saw a lone Zoya display hidden on  a bottom shelf and there was Edyta! I have been lusting after this color ever since seeing a few swatches on various blogs and I was just waiting to see it in person before committing to an order. During the 6 free color spoons event I ordered a spoon of this but I didn't get those yet. I knew the second I saw this that I needed it in my life. The light hits this color in a way I cannot even describe in any other word by beautifully. So I grabbed this and an Ulta Hand & Body cream to get me over $10 and headed to the cash register with my $3.50 off $10 coupon in hand. So my total came to $6.95 not toos shabby, it was like getting a freebie lotion. 

Anyway, Zoya's Edyta  is described by Zoya as: "a complex mixture of gold, olive, blue-green and smoky grey with a sparkling metallic finish." The description is spot on. This thing is incredible. It's base is sort of a smoky grey/green and in the light it sparkles with this intense sort of bronze-y gold. It's so hard to describe and photos do not do it justice. It's incredible and  very unique in my book. When I brought it to the counter to pay the cashier was like "Wow, this is so pretty!!" I agree.

The formula is great. It's almost opaque for me in one coat but I did two to fix any mistakes I made. It glided on well and I had no brush streaks at all.  I am really impressed with what polish brands are doing lately with these shimmery finishes. I remember the days when shimmer was something I steered clear of because it almost certainly meant brush strokes and balding. Recently brands have really perfected this formula and presented us with some of the most incredible sparkly shimmery shades imaginable.  Color me impressed my dears.

On to the photos, as if they can do this one justice. My suggestion, just order it. You'll thank me later.   





Stunning? Didn't I tell you it was? I love this color, can you tell?  I am so happy Ulta had it.  Zoya polishes are great and not too expensive at $7 a pop. They can be hard to find in stores so shipping is something you have to consider. However their spoons really do make it easier to order online since you can pick one up for $0.50 (shipped free) to make sure the color is what you think it is (we all know we can't really trust stock swatches).  

So what do you think? Is this color on your must have list? Have you worn it? Do you love it as much as I do?
Prim and Polished