Monday, December 20, 2010

Silver Bells... Silver Bells... (China Glaze Cheers to You with nubar Silver Glitter)

Hi everyone! I hope you're all getting into the Christmas spirit because before you know it it will be Christmas Day! I am a slight Grinch this year, I'd say about 50% but hopefully I will be better come Saturday. I just feel I could have done better with gifts this year but I really just did not have the money to buy people what I'd have liked.  Oh well, next year.

Today I have what I am calling my Silver Bells manicure which features two different colors from two different company's holiday collections.  This is China Glaze's Cheers to You topped with three coats of nubar's Silver Bells.  Silver Bells came out with the Holiday Jewel Basket which is still available from nubar for $49.95 and comes with 9 polishes and a really cute basket.  I love the set, it's perfect for the holidays and beyond really. 

I already reviewed the China Glaze color here, so be sure to check out those swatches if you're interested. It's essentially a silver metal. The Silver Glitter is gorgeous and super blingy. I think it's best used as a top coat as it's silver glitter in a clear base. The glitter is pretty densely packed so you probably could do several coats and get decently opaque results but I personally like to use it layered. Over Cheers to You it's really fantastic. You get super glittery metallic nails. I think it's like tinsel so it's a nice look for the season.  

As far as the swatches go I think the two indoor photos are most color accurate. I find glitters photograph best for me indoors, while other finishes do not do as well indoors with my camera. Who knows why? 




So what do you think of this combo? Festive? Do you have either color? What would you layer the silver glitter over? 
Prim and Polished
Disclosure: These polishes were sent by PR for review. All reviews are done at my discretion and are 100% honest.   Please refer to my disclosure policy above for more information.