Monday, December 6, 2010

Nicole by OPI: Kiss Me At Midnight & Bring on the Tinsel



Monday, Monday, Monday. Hope everyone kicks off the week with a good day. :-)

Today I have two polishes from the Nicole by OPI Holiday Magic collection; Kiss Me At Midnight  and Bring On the Tinsel. 


Kiss Me At Midnight is a really pretty vampy dark burgundy. It's not entirely unique but it is a color I love.  It's got some nice depth to it, it won't be mistaken for black it definitely has enough red pigment in it to make it a true dark red.


The formula was standard. Easy to use, no issues with application.  I used two coats for opacity and was happy with the results.


Sorry for the nails in these swatches, I am still trying to get the middle nail to grow so they're all even. It's so irritating to me! Ugh!



Bring On The Tinsel is a fun holiday glitter. The base is clear and it's packed with mostly silver glitter and then specks of red and a sort of bluish green. It's really festive and fun but it's no match for China Glaze's Party Hearty  which in my book is the standout glitter of the holiday season for sure! 

Again, no issues with application. I used two coats on top of Kiss Me At Midnight. I think this combo is interesting but maybe next time I will pair it with a deep green or brighter red color. 


So are you lusting after any of these holiday selections? What would you pair Bring on the Tinsel with? Let me know your suggestions!

Prim and Polished

Disclosure: This product was sent to me by PR. All reviews are honest and done at my discretion. Please refer to my disclosure policy at the top of the page for more info.