Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My 1st Attempt at Water Marbling and a Mini Review of Belle of the Ball by Confetti


Hi everyone! I hope you're all doing well. Today I wanted to show you my first attempt at water marbling. If you follow me on twitter you may have seen my preview of this a few weeks ago.  If you're not familiar with water marbling check out My Simple Little Pleasures' Youtube channel where she has tons of tutorials, like this  one. Mine is not even close to as good as hers but I tried LOL. 



I wasn't too ambitious with this because I've never done it before so I only used two colors, a purple from Confetti called Belle of the Ball  which I am totally impressed with by the way. It's stunning and so shiny/squishy looking. I love it) and   black by Rimmel called Black Satin

Mini review of Confetti's Belle of the Ball: I bought this polish for $1.99 at CVS and I am so happy I did. I thought for sure with all the amazing purples in my collection I'd have a dupe for this but I don't think I really do. The finish of this color makes it really unique to me. It's got a squishy and ultra shiny finish and was opaque in just 2 coats. I found application to be easy-peasy  it glided on well and required almost no clean up. I think this is going in my favorites for sure!!

Let me tell you this process is messy! I couldn't take it! I only did accent nails because I knew I'd be frustrated trying to do them all. I could not get down how to make the designs look the same each time so the result is two totally different designs on each hand. I am also not sure these particular polishes worked best for this technique because I had tons of epic fails before finally settling on the lame finished project.

Overall I don't think I did too horribly for my first time but I am definitely not looking forward to trying this again any time soon. I am pretty proud of myself for trying because nail art just isn't my thing but the more I blog the more I desire to come up with creative designs to share with you all.

So on to the photos:



What do you think? How did I do for a water marbling virgin? Which design do you like best? Have you had water marbling successes? I want to see!! And OMG, isn't that purple color just to die for? I just love it and  $1.99 at CVS is a steal! 

Prim and Polished