Friday, April 9, 2010

China Glaze "Heli-Yum"



China Glaze's "Heli-Yum" is a raspberry pink creme from the Up & Away collection. I purchased mine on TransDesign back when this collection first came out. This was one of the colors I was most excited about and it ended up being the color I was most disappointed in.

I find the color of this one to be a little off. To me it's not quite red but not quite pink. I think for me to have loved it it needed to be more of one or the other. On my hand it's just boring. It looks blah. I was so excited when I first heard about it. Raspberry sounded so sexy to me. Instead it's just boring, standard, dull.

The formula was fine. Pigmented and thick but not goopy. I needed two coats for opacity which is great.


So how do you feel about "Heli-Yum"? Is it a favorite of yours or did you find it as dull as I did. I am super bummed this color didn't work for me but that's life!

Prim and Polished

8 comments:

Well, I ended up buying at least six of the colors from that collection, and Heli-Yum is the only one I haven't worn yet. I don't want to judge it before I try it, but I think the length of time that I've owned it without wearing it does speak for itself.

That is usually an indication of what I think of a polish too. These photos represent the second attempt at me wearing it. The first time I didn't even have it on long enough to photograph bc I hated it so much I removed it.

That looks beautiful on you!

And I just gave you a blog award! :)

I liked this color, but not nearly as much as I liked Grape Pop, but I think it's still pretty.