Friday, April 23, 2010

You say you want a Revvvolution.... Color Club "Revvvolution"



Color Club's "Revvvolution" is a really pretty black holo. I went shopping with my sister in laws last weekend and I was on a mission to find this one and I scoured the shelves of this beauty salon store only to come up empty handed... well I was telling my sister in law (future sister in law???) Bridget that I wanted this color and what it looked like and she found it buried behind a bunch of other colors on the display! Go Bridget!!

I like this color but I really was hoping for a stronger holo affect. It's holo, don't get me wrong but I wanted more. In the sunshine this color does look like an oil slick, it's sort of subtle but it's really beautiful. I think I need to get my hands on Diamond Cosmetics "Chainmail Charm" I think, from the photos I have seen, that one has a stonger more prominent holo affect.

The formula on this is fine. It was easy to work with. I make a mess with dark colors and I did with this one too. I had lots of clean up which is fine but since it's dark I have a bit of staining. Oh well.



I am still on the hunt for the perfect holo. What's your favorite?!?

Prim and Polished

12 comments:

i love it- too bad the sun's not shining here so no holo's for me...
i somehow am drawn to black holos and got revvvolution, chainmail charm, bloom's mena and the original(holo version of) opi's my private jet and I can't see an end of my black holo lemmings ^^

I love those grey, melatticy colors! They're so versatile.

I agree Tennsley! They're awesome!!!

Amused - I love them too! How do you think Chainmail Charm compares to this one? I think it looks much better. Ohhh I am jealous you have the original fantastic MPJ!

I have chain mail charm and the holo effect between the two is better on Chainmail. "Revv" is nice, I just love holo's on dark polishes, so nice!...but neither of them beat out my holo version of MPJ..that is a stunner!!!

Thanks Jackie! MPJ really is a stunner! What were they thinking changing it?! I am so mad about it. Wish I could find it!

i agree with jackie- chainmail charm is a tad more holo than rev..... i was lucky enough to get it(MPJ) in a swap and would never give it away, maybe still wearing it when I'm old :P

Your blog is making me venture into other brands besides OPI. Yay!

Thanks amused!!

Emilyanne, YAY! I am so glad! There's great big world beyond OPI! Enjoy!

Oh I love this one. Too bad it wasn't as holo as you wanted though. I have a few of the other CC holo's and I love them! I think my favorite is Love Em Leave Em or Wild at Heart.

Maria, I will have to check those out. I need to get my hands on a nice purple holo!

awesome song :D awesome polish!!