Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Essie: "Tart Deco"




Today it is 82 92 degrees in Connecticut and it's feeling more like summer than spring so I thought I'd show you a color I think is more summery than springy; Essie's "Tart Deco". "Tart Deco" debuted with the Art of Spring Collection and it's a bright cheery coral creme. I am uber pale right now (NW20) but this would look so much better with a nice tan, whenever I get my tan on I will revisit this color for you.

The formula on this is thick and pigmented. It's semi difficult to work with. I had some streaking issues so I used 3 coats to even out. This dries pretty matte like a neon would so be ready with your favorite topcoat.

I took photos indoors and out so you can see the color. I wish the color was closer to what you see in the bottle. It's brighter than the bottle suggests, which is fine but I like the bottle color. I love colors like this but orange tones look ICKY YUCK on me. Oh well. Once I am tan I think I can rock this.




And I will leave you with some cuteness, he's enjoying this weather too, he gets to lounge on the windowsill. :-)




Prim and Polished

Disclosure: "Tart Deco" was furnished to me by Essie for consideration. All reviews published on this blog are at my own discretion. Please refer to my Disclosure Policy.

17 comments:

I think tart deco looks great on you! Whether or not you think you're tan ;] Kitty looks so happy. =]

Thanks Annie!!! Oranges always look so intense on me. I wish I could pull of a peach and have it look PEACH! But this is more intense, more coral so it's okay!

Thanks!!! He's the friendliest cat EVER, he's super cuddly :-)

I haven't even tried Tart Deco yet... But it looks great on you!
And your cat...awww, he's so handsome :)

Biba- Deuce said thank you. :-) Tart Deco is a good one! Try it out!

Did you use topcoat for this manicure? I found that when I used Tart Deco it was close to the bottle color sans topcoat but once I added the Seche Vite it was dayglo orange...

I did, I used Seche Vite. Hum, maybe next time I will skip the top coat. Good tip! Thanks!

Looks great, and I love this. And very, very cute kitty!

Did tart deco change shades when you put on a topcoat? Did it get darker? Weird question, I know.

I guess it did, slightly. It dries sort of matte, like a neon but not quite as matte as that if that makes sense. I think the topcoat made it slightly more orange. Can you tell the bottle is a different shade. I feel like the bottle is a touch lighter.

ADORABLE! Oh my goodness. I want to squish your kitty.
Y'know, I had problems with this formula as well. It's a shame that Essies can be so pricey when their formulas are hit and miss! I have to admit to being a tad disappointed in this, I wanted it to seem more jelly than it was, if you know what I mean.

Hhahha He's totally a squishble guy LOL. I agree about the Essie formulas. This would have been an amazing jelly, like Lollipop from the Holiday, it was perfect.

Love, love, LOVE that color!

Very pretty peachy-coral..nice!

You have a gorgeous cat!! Loving the length and shape of your nails :)

Thanks Waterwaif and Jackie!!

Thanks Brooke, I squared them off a little more this week. Sometimes it makes them break quicker though!