Friday, April 30, 2010

Essie "Pop Art Pink"



Good afternoon everyone! Today I have a swatch of Essie's "Pop Art Pink" which came out with the Art of Spring Collection earlier this year. Essie describes this color as "a sheer chiffon pink" which sounds accurate to me. It's a light milky semi sheer pink. I say semi sheer because as you can see in the photos I was able to achieve opacity with 3 coats. Note though if your nails are any longer than this you will probably have more trouble achieving opacity and will have to deal with the dreaded visible nail line (I had this on longer nails before and 3 coats still had some VNL).

I think this would make nice pedi color for those times when you want something sort of neutral on your tootsies.

The formula was okay, better to work with than some of the others in the collection. It wasn't too think so it didn't make too much of a mess.



I probably won't wear this one too often. Maybe once I find employment I will rock this in the office but daily it's not really for me. I prefer a more opaque baby pink like China Glaze's "Something Sweet". I just cannot deal with any VNL.



Prim and Polished
Disclosure: "Pop Art Pink" was furnished to me by Essie for consideration. All reviews published on this blog are at my own discretion. Please refer to my Disclosure Policy.



3 comments:

I like htem both, but I think the China Glaze is my favorite.

I agree. I good opaque baby pink is hard to come by! This is a color I have been longing for!

Nice colour, but I agree with you concerning VNL (even at work)!