Friday, November 26, 2010

nubar: Competition Red, Pixie Dust and Nubar 2010


I hope you all had an amazing and delicious holiday and I hope you're home safe on this insane Black Friday. No deal is deal enough to get me out there in that craziness.

Today I want to share some nubar holiday polishes with you. I have Competition Red and two gorgeous glitter top coats Pixie Dust and Nubar 2010.  Let's start with Competition Red.

Competition Red is described as a "classic red creme" and that's exactly what this beauty is.  In my opinion it's neither a yellow based nor blue based red, I think it lies perfectly in the middle of the two. It's a gorgeous classic red creme. I cannot get enough of red cremes but that's just me.  I think it's a nice addition to their holiday basket. 

The formula on this is lovely. I needed just two coats for maximum opacity and the brush  works well so I had little clean up to do. It's super shiny, as I am finding most nubar cremes to be.  Have a look:




Gorgeous right? I think so! On to the glitter top coats!

Pixie Dust  is  described as "a delicate dusting of shimmer" and I agree. It's a sparsly placed teeny tiny glitter which adds a pretty glaze to the nail. It's subtle but really really pretty. I used 2 coats so you could see it well in the swatch.

Nubar 2010 is described as "a flaky glitter in a color changing base" and it is reminiscent of of Sally Hansen's Hidden Treasure.  Flakies are ALWAYS pretty in my book and this is no exception. It flashes orange and green mostly to my eye. Check it out:




 See anything you NEED? Do you like the top coats?

Let me know how your Thanksgiving was? I am off to Thanksgiving dinner round two today!  

Prim and Polished

Disclosure: This product was sent to me by PR. All reviews are honest and done at my discretion. Please refer to my disclosure policy at the top of the page for more info.

2 comments:

Sexy nails in red. So pretty! Take a look at mine too when you have time:) Happy weekend!

I love this red, it perfect for fall! Pretty! :)