Friday, March 26, 2010

Rimmel: "Violet Metal"

Today I bring you a truly gorgeous drugstore polish find: Rimmel "Violet Metal." This color is a winner guys! I love everything about it. It's a red based purple with a slight blue duochrome so you get the best of both worlds. Look at this stunner:


Rimmel has really impressed me with their polish formula it's not too thin, not too thick, just right. It's smooth and opaque in just two coats. I have tried a few polishes by them now and I have found them all to be easy to work with and quite long lasting. The "Lasting Finish Pro" polishes have a strange brush but the brush works for me. It's hard to explain the shape of it, (sorry I forgot to take a photo) it's sort of tapered at the end and wide (but not as wide as the horrible OPI) and FLAT. I think the key to a successful wide brush is the flat part. OPI's wide brush is very dense. This brush is flat and tapered at the end. It looks scary but I find the application with it to be among the most simple of any polish I have tried.

Now I already mentioned this is a midtone red based purple with blue duochrome. I tried to take a variety of photos and I hope I was able to capture this color's beauty. I really always favor cremes but I make exceptions for interesting colors and this one sure is interesting.




I am just so impressed with Rimmel polishes and you cannot beat a great quality polish under $4 and readily available in the drugstore. What a score. I said it before and I will say it again, I cannot believe I ignored Rimmel for so long!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!! Thanks for reading.

Prim and Polished

5 comments:

suuuuper cute! love it. and if i haven't said this enough, love your nailllls.

love the rimmels! i saw this one last week but was afraid of the color
! i might have to go get it now

Awww thanks Kellie! :-)

Sarah you can TOTALLY pull this off. I don't think it's outrageous! Isn't Rimmel great!? I love the brush!

Nice. I love these polishes. The brushes are great. :)
Susie

This nail polish is really pretty, I bought it because it matches my prom makeup perfectly. MAC has an eye-shadow called Stars 'n' Rockets that is basically the same as this so if you want a version for your eyes I'd recommend it.